Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Okay, this is a frivolous post, and I feel stupid posting it but... just wondering what everyone thinks. :cool:

Here, 100 MAX. Generally around the $30-50 range.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Historically, I'm a $30 Levi's man. But my fiancee took me out about a year ago to try get some real clothes. I almost puked as I tried on $80 jeans and almost bought some, but couldn't find the perfect fit/color combo. I finally settled on some $50 ones that were pretty good. I wouldn't pay more than that for everyday jeans, but would consider going up to $100 for a special pair.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
The jeans I bought for $100 were a special case...... I really liked the jeans, and I already had a $50 gift certificate for the store.
They were Lucky Brand Jeans, if anyone's wondering.... :cool:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Back in high school I routinely paid $100+ for jeans just because I wanted certain name brands (it had nothing to do with how they felt, because they didn't even feel that good). Now that I realized none of that mattered and I was being a superficial ass, I pay around $35. Plus now I have more money for what really matters--beer.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
$30 if my arm is being twisted, $15 usually.

I know where to find deals and it helps that I don't wear the ultra mega low rise jeans with diamond beading accents that are in such high demand that the company can charge $80 a pair for them.
:D

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
For me, $40 - $50 is about the max. I shop at AE and Aeropostale, and I tend to make it in there during a decent sale. I paid $30 for the AE jeans I'm wearing now, and they are comfy and look great.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Anything for the right pair!

Unfortunately most of the designer brands at the moment seem to be pretty similar in design to those that can be found on the high street at a fraction of the cost :( I only have one pair of jeans that I truly love which are Versace and I've never managed to find anything else that compares :(

Still, even the ones I buy on the highstreet are ~£50 a pop. But we get ripped off something bad in this country.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
I tend not to like jeans, and have but one pair. It's hard to find my size on a shelf anyway... 36x38. J. C. Penny Tall Man's online/catalogue for me. Khaki's mostly. Same with shoes... try to go to any store and get a pair of size 16 boots. IMPOSSIBLE.
I agree with grapes911... and kudos for curing that superficial ass thingee.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Yeah, I only bought the $100 pair b/c they are amazingly comfy... and I like the way they look. I don't care about brand names/"cool" teenage clothing stores.... I actually don't want people to know I've kind of really started to like AE. :eek:
I do love Lucky Brand Jeans though. Okay, okay, I admit it.

Sammis89

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
I basically wear only american eagle jeans, which usually run from 25 bucks up to about 60. I'll usually only buy 'em if i can find them for less thatn 40, because i wear jeans everday, so they dont last me super long, and its not worth it to me to spend alot of money on them when i can get a good looking, nice pair for only 30 bucks.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Les Kern said:
I tend not to like jeans, and have but one pair. It's hard to find my size on a shelf anyway... 36x38. J. C. Penny Tall Man's online/catalogue for me. Khaki's mostly. Same with shoes... try to go to any store and get a pair of size 16 boots. IMPOSSIBLE.
I agree with grapes911... and kudos for curing that superficial ass thingee.

Try LandsEnd.com my partner is 6'8" and 140lbs... thats 29 waist, 38 inseam
these guys can do it custom and it is pretty affordable.
and Old Navy does carry 36x38 standard for their mens pants...same with 32x36 which is what I usually get him...

The most I have ever spent on a pair of jeans was $350 CDN for a pair of Versace White Jeans, you know what 5 years later and they still fit and look great. usually I spend $70-100 for a great fitting pair.

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005
i buy gap jeans. on clearance. lol. with my gap inc. disc, i pay like $13.99. LOL. oh man, but they're seriously my most favorite jeans.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Anywhere from $6- $90 is how much I've paid.

I can't afford to really spend more than $50 typically ('cause I'm broke) but especially even if I'm working and have income because... I love jeans! I love having tons of pairs of jeans, and so I can't afford to buy such pricey pairs.

I have yet to try on the real high end stuff though... Er. I can't even remember all their names. Ya know, those brands that fashion magazines always spot celebrities wearing?! I think "se7en" might be one... :eek: Can't remember.

Sogo

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2004
Well the most i have ever spent on jeans was about 30 ish dollars. I was shell shocked when I saw a pair going for 320 bucks. But to be honest with you, those jeans felt really nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.