Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seattlemaclover

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
Seattle Washington USA
today a wiered number appeared on my ical icon similar to that on Mail that notifiess you of new messages. What is this and how o I get rid of it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,672

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Its not an event or to-do item is it? It looks like iCal isn't open, try opening it and see if you get any alerts.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
mpw said:
Its not an event or to-do item is it? It looks like iCal isn't open, try opening it and see if you get any alerts.

Sure looks to me like iCal is open...notice the triangle on the right.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
WildCowboy said:
Sure looks to me like iCal is open...notice the triangle on the right.
Ah yes, he's got his dock on the right of his screen.weirdo!*
*That's a Joke™

Placeholder

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2006
Canada
seattlemaclover said:
today a wiered number appeared on my ical icon similar to that on Mail that notifiess you of new messages. What is this and how o I get rid of it?

Don't get rid of it! My guess is that Apple has just selected you to be the beta tester for the new iphone/pda! (It is a Tuesday you know...)

Lostcruces

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
Number on my ical icon

I have the same problem. After messing with all my calenders, the only change is that the number increased from 1 to 2. I don't know how to get rid of it.

mderison

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2008
number in ical icon

I got it too, the number 1 in the upper right corner of my Dock icon. It is also to the right of my calendar under "Calendars" on the left, but none of my subscriptions?: :confused:

Lostcruces

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
Number on iCal icon

I often receive meeting notifications via e-mail. It appears as a little iCal icon at the bottom of the e-mail. Clicking on it will automatically put the meeting on your iCal schedule. It will also put a note on iCal at the bottom left side of the calender and put a number on the iCal icon. Clicking on the note (apparently signifying that you are aware of the new calender item) removes both note and the number on your icon.

debrafillingim

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2014
Little Red Number on ICal

All the posts are years old but maybe a new mac user (like me) will come here and need the answer.

I came here with the question "a little red three is on my calendar icon and I don't know why"

I opened the calendar and on top left I saw a three. I pressed the arrow near it and it listed three events. I clicked ok on each one and the corresponding red three on my ical went away.

Apparently it is a reminder-which I actually like.

Debra
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.