Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
I thought it was a good game. I'm a 49ers fan so I was all about the Bucs. The game wasn't close and I was really surprised. What's the deal with the Raiders center?

On another note, I was glad to see ex 49er Jerry Rice get a touchdown. Hopefully he'll retire now.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by pgwalsh
I thought it was a good game. I'm a 49ers fan so I was all about the Bucs. The game wasn't close and I was really surprised. What's the deal with the Raiders center?

On another note, I was glad to see ex 49er Jerry Rice get a touchdown. Hopefully he'll retire now.

Im a 49er fan too. Why do you want Rice to retire? He is still playing great.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by MacAztec

Im a 49er fan too. Why do you want Rice to retire? He is still playing great.
For two reasons. First, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. I think some of the younger guys would like to really nail him. Second, I don't want the media to start saying he's out of gas etc etc etc. He should go out while on top and I don't think the Raiders are going back to the Super Bowl next year. They're 50 MM over the salary cap and they need to cut a lot of players to get under.

yzedf

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2002
Connecticut
Originally posted by pgwalsh
For two reasons. First, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. I think some of the younger guys would like to really nail him. Second, I don't want the media to start saying he's out of gas etc etc etc. He should go out while on top and I don't think the Raiders are going back to the Super Bowl next year. They're 50 MM over the salary cap and they need to cut a lot of players to get under.

A lot of good/expensive players.

Plus they need to bring in a young gun type QB to replace Gannon in the near future.

What is the deal with Gannon and Kurt Warner??? 2 guys who never amounted to sqaut... and now they are good? Is the QB talent in the league that bad now... or is the CB/SS/FS talent that sucks...?

GO BRONCOS!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.