Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeaturedMp3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Hi,

Is there going to be a new iBook. My dad is going to be getting me one apparently and my brother told my dad to wait two weeks or something untill they launch it?

Wondering is this true about this, haven't seen any news on AppleInsider!:(

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Even though the idea of getting a new iBook is really sweet. You really should wait. You and your Dad should be patient, cause we don't know when a new iBook is due (up to 3 months away).
But a new Intel iBook would be the way to go. You really gotta be patient though.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
FeaturedMp3 said:
Your saying 3 months!?

If it helps to keep your eagerness in check, go with a somewhat shorter timeframe. it's just that rumor sites can be as off-the-mark as the rest of us when it comes to the accuracy of their crystal balls. For what I do with a computer, the current iBook would serve me very well, yet it makes perfect sense to wait and see what new offerings look like. If the design changes in ways that I anticipate, my patience will have surely been worth it.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Could be 3 months, could be next week. Nobody knows.

The only certainty is that it will be out by the end of the year.

EDIT: Another certainty, Thinksecret will get the release date right, then say it's wrong, AI will quote TS then not recant when TS does and will eventually post the release story right after it comes out, MR will post as news comes out and finally TS will post a story describing the new models a week after they arrive and say nothing about being late.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Deepdale said:
If the design changes in ways that I anticipate, my patience will have surely been worth it.

What design changes do you hope for? black iBook?:p

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Josias said:
What design changes do you hope for? black iBook?

Black or charcoal gray would be preferred ... it would also be nice if the keyboard had a somewhat improved feel, including lettering that was not so prone to peeling off after a certain amount of time. I see many PC laptop keyboards whose letters remain vivid after being used for years.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Black iBook? Just like the iPods? Sorry man, besides I would personally be against it, I don't think it's gonna happen. Mac were black when PB G3 still excisted.;)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Josias said:
Black iBook? ... Mac were black when PB G3 still excisted.;)

Indeed they were, but I do not know why that aspect of the G3 era would be a reason for not introducing them again. The iPod minis were eye pleasing in all those assorted colors and I believe there will be a return to those days again. Time will tell.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
i dont trust rumour sites for product annoucements. everyone said the ibook's would be revised as Intel ibooks at Macworld '06, but that didnt happen. ok, there has been alot of activity with companies getting orders for 13.3" screens, but maybe that could indicate a 13" Macbook Pro and/or 13" Macbook.

Apple is one company you cant really guess, but it makes it more fun. I want a Macbook... BADLY, but im not sure if to wait till leopard comes out with iLife '07. And the processors will be faster by then, an could hold Merom chips too.

Just have to wait and see.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
It will at least be announced in May, if not shipping immediately for the school season.

I base that on nothing though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.