Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
$15 for something chimera does for nothing, plus the app is really annoying

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Re: Safari Tabs, well sorta of.

Originally posted by MrMacman
If you really need tabs SOO much you might as well go here for a little tweak.

It seems to be working for me, so go try it out!

The background behind the icons is only semi-transparent. looks kind of ...awful. Unfortunately, safari will be bloated down with things like tabs soon enough... but some people may get use out of this... it just looks a lot like a bad rush job.

pnw

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by mac15
$15 for something chimera does for nothing, plus the app is really annoying

Notice the Share in Shareware.

It uses the policy 'If you like it enough buy it' not 'I'll let you download it & trick you ino buying it'.

Sure it looks well not so great but for people that NEED tabs it is here.

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
No offense (oh who knows, maybe much offense, take it for what its worth), but it's interesting how we Americans throw around the word NEED so easily.

"I need a new car."

"I need tabbed browsing."

"I need. Need NEED."

And we usually get everything we want. Scary.

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by mangoman
No offense (oh who knows, maybe much offense, take it for what its worth), but it's interesting how we Americans throw around the word NEED so easily.

"I need a new car."

"I need. Need NEED."

ohh puuhleeaasee..

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
i need a new DP 1.42 with 2gb of ram and 4x160 HDs and apple pro speakers and 20gb ipod and apple care and a 20" LCD and a powerbook 17" and i need eyelikeart to post more often in the official poop thread and i need need need neeed neeeeeed

MacBandit

macrumors 604

"I need a new car."

"I need. Need NEED."

I NEED you to shutup!! :p Just kiddin.;)

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
Alright, alright, I'll stop. I like this forum too much to become The Sour Dick. Guess I was just coming off an adbusters.org mood... Doesn't mean I'm retracting my statement! :D

Do I need a 10GB iPod. Of course not. Do I WANT one? Uhhhh, I'd sell your nutsack in a fancy jar to have one o' those things. Fo' REAL!

:p

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Alright, alright, I'll stop. I like this forum too much to become The Sour Dick. Guess I was just coming off an adbusters.org mood... Doesn't mean I'm retracting my statement! :D

Do I need a 10GB iPod. Of course not. Do I WANT one? Uhhhh, I'd sell your nutsack in a fancy jar to have one o' those things. Fo' REAL!

:p

Well if you're going to be selling my nustsack it better at least be a 40GB iPod when they come out.

This is all theoretical of course because I wouldn't let you touch me there for a ride on the Space Shuttle.

Well maybe for the Space Shuttle but it would only be a touch and no shap objects so you can just leave your fancy jar on the shelf to collect dust.:p

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by MrMacman
Um... can you like not post on my topic about that stuff.

:looks at topic: Please disreguard the topic, this topic has been taken over.

Fine be that way. Just point out that we have gone completely off topic.

Okay back on topic. Thanks for pointing us in the direction of this fine add on for Safari. Though as others have pointed out the cost and the lacking implementation means I will have to wait until a better option comes along. Come on Apple.

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
(sound of train leaving the tracks. people screaming. dishes breaking...)

OH. Hey, yeah. We were talkin' TABS and such for Safari. I'm all for 'em. Still don't NEED 'em, but I really, really, really do WANT them. And I'd really prefer that Apple orchestrate the integration. Meanwhile, Safari's my browser of choice.

(no more talk of sacks and jars and such--who started all that flap, anyway? oughta have their nutsa---oops.)

:D

MacSlut

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2002
Bar

As opposed to people in Japan, Spain, China?

Take a look at the definition of the word "need". It is not reserved for such things like air, water, food.

Take a look (er, listen) at other English speaking countries and you'll see other similar words being used outside of basic sustenance.

"Will you require a car during your visit?"
"Must you continue to do that?"

"Need" is totally appropriate when qualified expressly or implied:
"I need water" when stated by someone in the middle of the desert who is obviously dehydrated implies "or else I'll die!"

"I need water" when someone drives into a gas station implies "my radiator or windshield washer fluid is low".

"I need tabbed browsing" obviously does not imply, "or else I'll die". It is more of the definition implying that effective or successful use is conditional on the need.

If you have a small screen and a job where you open multiple browser windows simultaneously (say to cross reference stuff), tabbed browsing could make the difference in the success of your job.

The word "need" in this sense is far more appropriate than "want".

For what it's worth, I need to open numerous multiple browser windows, and even though I have multiple monitors, having tabbed browsing would make things much more efficient for me.

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Originally posted by MacSlut

As opposed to people in Japan, Spain, China?

Take a look at the definition of the word "need". It is not reserved for such things like air, water, food.

Take a look (er, listen) at other English speaking countries and you'll see other similar words being used outside of basic sustenance.

"Will you require a car during your visit?"
"Must you continue to do that?"

"Need" is totally appropriate when qualified expressly or implied:
"I need water" when stated by someone in the middle of the desert who is obviously dehydrated implies "or else I'll die!"

"I need water" when someone drives into a gas station implies "my radiator or windshield washer fluid is low".

"I need tabbed browsing" obviously does not imply, "or else I'll die". It is more of the definition implying that effective or successful use is conditional on the need.

If you have a small screen and a job where you open multiple browser windows simultaneously (say to cross reference stuff), tabbed browsing could make the difference in the success of your job.

The word "need" in this sense is far more appropriate than "want".

For what it's worth, I need to open numerous multiple browser windows, and even though I have multiple monitors, having tabbed browsing would make things much more efficient for me.

All I have to say to you is.. Thank You. :)

Someone really needed to say that...

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
(ahem) On the topic of Safari...

... why does it have a little spider in the corner? And not a pith helmet, say? I'm going to click it and see what happens...

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:eek:

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
spider=bug, but I'll bet you already figured that out. ;)

It'd be nice to customize this icon... say, instead of a spider, I can have the head of some smartass forum poster stuck on a stake.

(cue sound of spastic laugh track) :D :D :D

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by MacBandit

This is all theoretical of course because I wouldn't let you touch me there for a ride on the Space Shuttle.

Well maybe for the Space Shuttle but it would only be a touch and no shap objects so you can just leave your fancy jar on the shelf to collect dust.:p

Odd that you mentioned the Space Shuttle. Your message having been posted on the 30th, before what happened today.

To stay on subject though, I personally don't like tabs. But I can see why some people do. I'm sure they can be handy. Some people will use this product, some will like it, some will even pay for it.

Most of us will just bitch about how much it sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.