Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Recent Photo:

134923592_1922b1094b.jpg

Camera Settings
Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Exposure: 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/2 EV

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
igary.

With pictures like that, it's no wonder you are still sane after your luck of late.

Love the last one especially.

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
iGary said:
OK, I'll play.

TP.jpg

Great Shot! Love the oranges and reflection! Be fun to live out there on the water!

jelloshotsrule said:
very nice!! what size lens is that?

Its the 18-55 XT kit lens. Thank you for the comment

dejo said:
I wanna play too!

P1010038.jpg

Did it storm right before this picture, it says to me, run and take cover now!! Great Job!

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
macgfxdesigner said:
Did it storm right before this picture, it says to me, run and take cover now!! Great Job!

I don't remember exactly but I don't think it stormed before. Might not have even stormed after. At least not in my area. Maybe when the clouds moved out to Eastern Colorado / Kansas. Pretty typical Colorado Front Range sunset. They can be quite awesome here.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Beautiful photos, everyone! I love both sunsets and sunrises, although I tend to not be up early enough to catch beautiful sunrises. My photo is the exception to that, since I was down at the Tidal Basin at dawn in order to capture the beauty of the cherry blossoms as they were bursting into bloom a couple of weeks ago. There were a lot of us photographers lined up taking that shot of the Jefferson Memorial....

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Nice shots.
Here are 2 from last x-mas eve, sunset around 2.30PM:eek:

Attachments

• DSCN1934.jpg
    DSCN1934.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN1928.jpg
    DSCN1928.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 189

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Beautiful pictures! #5 reminds me of a sunset I took many pictures of in Reykjavík. All still on slides though, so I can't post. Strange thing was, it was in the summer when it never gets dark, and at around 3 am there was the last of the red colours of the sunset still visible and, at the same time, maybe approx 45 degrees round the horizon the beginning of the sunrise in pale yellows.

bruvone

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2005
42579209_2647e4175c.jpg

Wow, some amazing photos here. Here's my contribution. Actually, its shot away from the sunset, but hopefully that'll still count.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
macgfxdesigner said:
Its the 18-55 XT kit lens. Thank you for the comment

ahh cool. i guess the vignetting made it feel almost fisheye like distorted, very cool.

clix- your sunset tidal basin picture makes me think of a couple i took a few weeks back. i'll try to remember to post one or two when i get home.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
No edit on my part besides a half effort stich on two photos to give it the slight pano look. Colors aren't edited, that's the way it looked in the Cascades Mountains of Washington State.

~Tyler

Attachments

• SunsetAdams Pano_sm.jpg
    SunsetAdams Pano_sm.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 298

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Earendil said:
No edit on my part besides a half effort stich on two photos to give it the slight pano look. Colors aren't edited, that's the way it looked in the Cascades Mountains of Washington State.

you liar! ;)

no, it looks awesome. i really need to learn how to stitch some panos together.

L

Lau

There's some great shots been posted here. Here's a couple I took in the last little while. They're all with my Canon PowerShot S60 - I haven't scanned any film in for aaaaages....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.