Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now in Software Update:
Front Row 1.2.2 delivers a variety of fixes for better reliability and compatibility when playing music, photos, and videos on your Macintosh.

Bugs fixed in 1.2.2 include:
- Addresses bugs that prevented song shuffling within playlists
- Front row no longer says the server was not found when its waiting for a large movie trailer or long shared video to load
- Corrects bugs that prevented authorized Audible Audiobooks from playing
- Fixes a variety of DVD compatibility issues
- Purchased movies located in the Movies folder are now correctly recognized
- Includes a variety of fixes for VoiceOver accessibility
- Fixes a bug that prevented Front Row from reconnecting to shared video libraries after wake from sleep

A direct download of the update is also available.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
ATG said:
Now all I need is a Mac with front row. Donations anyone? ;)

I'll buy you a Mac Mini, if you buy me a Macbook in a (few) week(s)

EDIT:
cazlar said:
"Purchased movies" - do they mean video content in general or is this a sign?

Probably just clips and TV shows, but the choice of words probably hints at something in the near future (this year)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
EricNau said:
Now where's the update that lets you record & pause live TV?

I believe we'll see that in Front Row 1.2.2.1 :p :D

Nice to see Apple mkaing imporovements to FR, but yeah, the update that will be of most interest to me is the one that complements a Mac media center. :cool:

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
Fixes/Enhancements:

(1) Movie trailers now has a loading system for not so fast broadband (so when you pick a trailer, it says loading with the spining load-star, like when you start your Mac) Nice feature ;-)

(2) In Music > Shuffle songs: there's the shuffle logo! (it sparks)

Problems though, when coming out of certain sections, you appear back at the desktop. A bit annoying, I was hoping they'd have ironed out that bug. It doesn't happen everytime, but it does happen.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Hmmm... haven't there been times when Apple gets a bunch of software updates out the door shortly in advance of new Macs? :eek:

Macnoviz said:
Does Front Row have visualisations for music?
That would be great! iTunes visualizers are all stored as plug-ins anyway. Should be easy to add a vis on/off toggle during music playback. And a great use of a big TV screen too :)

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
nagromme said:
Hmmm... haven't there been times when Apple gets a bunch of software updates out the door shortly in advance of new Macs? :eek:

I hope so!:D :D :D

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
Good to see the server not responding message gone.

I don't have a FR compatible Mac as of yet, but it's sheer good looks are a selling point with the wife...

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Front Row is definitely faster at loading the component apps. I used to have to wait 10 seconds when selecting Music before, now it's pretty much instant. It's also much smoother at navigating the menus, even the Movie Trailers.

Thataboy

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2004
New York, NY
In the name of all that is holy, is there accellerated fast-forward yet???

I really wish the Apple Remotes had clickwheels and the accompanying accelleration-scrolling. Getting through an h.264 video is currently a horrifying experience.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Thataboy said:
In the name of all that is holy, is there accellerated fast-forward yet???

I really wish the Apple Remotes had clickwheels and the accompanying accelleration-scrolling. Getting through an h.264 video is currently a horrifying experience.
no but it is better slightly - they need 2x 4x 8x and chapter tools that's simple to add to MOV's

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
nagromme said:
That would be great! iTunes visualizers are all stored as plug-ins anyway. Should be easy to add a vis on/off toggle during music playback. And a great use of a big TV screen too :)

I see it doesn't. Are there any official reasons why? Even Winblows Media Center has one in its ugly-as-hell interface. (though you can't truly compare WMC and Front Row, WMC has TV and more functions, and 8 times as much buttons)
Maybe you don't have to switch, it just kicks in after a certain amount of time, and disappears when you press a button

wyrmintheapple

macrumors regular
May 8, 2006
Southampton, UK
nagromme said:

Yup. 10.2.7/10.2.8 for the G5 in particular to bring it in sync. Then 10.4.4 was it came out as an update to sync up the intel and PPC macs after the intel release.

Perhaps frontrow got improved during the MacBook Dev, and this is just rolling out the fixes and stuff to all.

Oblivious

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
MA
Great, installation on my mini was fast and easy.:) :D

Nice to see the movie trailer service working again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.