Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now available via Software Update for current users of iLife '06:
iDVD Update - 6.0.2
This update to iDVD addresses issues with burning some 16:9 projects and improves overall stability.

iWeb Update - 1.1
This update to iWeb adds comment and search support for blogs and podcasts published to .Mac. It also addresses a variety of usability and performance issues for all users, including image management fixes to improve site load performance.

iPhoto Update - 6.0.3
This update to iPhoto addresses issues with Photocasting of Smart Albums, sharing iPhoto libraries, and creating calendars and books. It also addresses a number of other minor issues.

iMovie HD Update - 6.0.2
This update to iMovie HD 6 addresses issues with PAL audio and displaying iLife Sound Effects automatically in its iLife Media Browser. It also improves overall stability and address a number of other minor issues.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
I haven't noticed any issues with any of those programs. I'm a bit wary about running software update after the last time though - messed up my whole system.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Spanky Deluxe said:
I haven't noticed any issues with any of those programs. I'm a bit wary about running software update after the last time though - messed up my whole system.

I always rush in head first when it comes to software update :D never had a bad experience in 6 years. Apart from the noisy fan debacle from 10.4.3 :rolleyes:

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
So did iDVD gain support for new optical drive models not found in any currently shipping Macs? :)

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
iWeb change

Hey, they added a "don't show this message again" checkbox to the .Mac bug screen at the start of iWeb. That's a 100% improvement in my book.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Nice one, I'll be d/ling this when I get home from work! I was planning on making up some wedding albums using iPhoto in the next couple of weeks as well, so now I know it will be running in tip-top shape. ;) :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I hope they've also fixed some bugs-not-worth-mentioning, since iPhoto tends to crash now and then when I'm using it, particularly when I'm adding/renaming albums or moving groups of photos among albums.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
stuartluff said:
WOOHOO DUPLICATE PAGE IN IWEB!

Oh and new themes!

Nice. Downloading now. I hope this decreases my load times. Wondering if it will optimize all the old stuff or only new uploads.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
stuartluff said:
Can someone confirm if the comments only work with a .mac account :confused:
That's what it says so I'd assume it's the case - doesn't bother me to be honest as I use .mac anyway.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
SWEET - I'm re-uploading my iWeb site and...

- On the first run it asks you if you want to republish ALL to optimize it. Nice.
- It now lets you also publish pages with ONLY changes. This will save quite a bit of publishing time.
- It does an initial upload and then lets you keep working while it finishes the upload in the background. It has an Apple Mail-like countdown indicator next to the site name.
- It now has 18 themed templates
- New blank templates that let you design whatever layout you want while maintaining the original theme.
- You can now enter entire photo albums instantly (from iPhoto/iWeb Media Browser)
- User comments, password protection, user attachments and search function on Blogs now.

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
stuartluff said:
Can someone confirm if the comments only work with a .mac account :confused:
I think comments would be very server dependant, so it would be hard to Apple to implement them in a way that is guaranteed to work on all ISPs.

rog

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Kalapana, HI
different sites in their own files in iweb?

I am trying to develop a totally different site for my work, but I can't find any way to make it a separate file. Instead it shows up as a different site listed along with my other personal sites & pages. This means that any time I change it, it taked forever to re-publish since it does so with my other pages. Does the new version fix this? How about making text actual text instead of images? My pages look nice, but take forever to load and their content is unsearchable!

eme jota ce

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago
rog said:
I am trying to develop a totally different site for my work, but I can't find any way to make it a separate file. Instead it shows up as a different site listed along with my other personal sites & pages. This means that any time I change it, it taked forever to re-publish since it does so with my other pages. Does the new version fix this? How about making text actual text instead of images? My pages look nice, but take forever to load and their content is unsearchable!

Did you see this program?
http://mistergregg.com/cocoadrillosoftware/iWebSites/iWebSites%20Home.html

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
My site is done re-uploading. Load times don't seem all that much faster and the "thumbnail images" on my front pages haven't been reduced in size at all. Hmmm? I'll have to wait and test this at home - leaving work in 2 min. Anybody want to check load times on my site? URL is in my signature.

Luveno

macrumors member
May 12, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
dr_lha said:
I think comments would be very server dependant, so it would be hard to Apple to implement them in a way that is guaranteed to work on all ISPs.

Actually, if apple were being generous to users, and they made use of some fancy javascript/ajax nonsense, they could build blog commenting into all sites, but I really don't anticipate them donating storage space or any cpu to hosting free blog comment databases.

However, a man can dream...

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
New iWeb Page

Here is a brief example of a new theme and new Blog features (Click on the 'blog' link for Spotlight and Comment integration)

http://web.mac.com/c.peters06/iWeb/Site/Home.html

Feel free to post comments in the Blog. For those of you who are curious, you can delete the comments over the internet OR within iWeb. Additionally, you can have attachments up to 5 MB within the comments (those can also be deleted within iWeb or on the internet).

Post any questions here or my blog. Check back often, as I'll be updating the website quite frequently over the coming weeks. Thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.