Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
I know alot of people went out today and purchased them let see some pics...

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
iGary said:
And that glossy screen sucks ass - I wouldn't buy one solely on that problem alone.

I would have to keep taking fioricets at ten minute intervals to actually use the machine :p

Seems i may have to get a Revision A MBP in a year if they make all their laptops have the glossy screen

Or i can show them my medical history and ask for a special order.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Roger is hot...

I really like the new looks - they did a nice job, and honestly, this will be a kick butt for anyone who doesn't use Photoshop. For now. :D

I like how the keyboard is kind of recessed in. I wonder if the RAM is still under the keyboard, or if they moved it to the bottom?

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Pretty screen for watching movies or working in low light. That'll be a bitch out in the daylight, or a normal office setting.

Oh, and that Roger guy? I'd hit it.:p not;)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
iGary said:
Roger is hot...

I really like the new looks - they did a nice job, and honestly, this will be a kick butt for anyone who doesn't use Photoshop. For now. :D

I like how the keyboard is kind of recessed in. I wonder if the RAM is still under the keyboard, or if they moved it to the bottom?

Roger is hot....

From what I've heard, the RAM is now at the bottom.

Also of note.. the mic. is now next to the iSight, and the speakers.. where the frack have they gone? :p

Frozone

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Look at the difference in brightness!

Image-DF5A409FE50011DA.jpg

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
roger is hot…

But, seriously, where did they put the speakers? Or do you get an ipod Hi-Fi for free if you buy one of these…they have got to get rid of the hi-fi some way

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
God that screen is NICEI even with gloss. I guess i'll stick it out with my iBook with out gloss, buy a iMac merom and be forced to buy a glossy apple laptop when my iBook can't run an OS with all the eye candy extra:rolleyes:

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Hmm... so is the macbook made of the same plastic as the ibook was?
Anyone else think that the black might be a lot easier to see scratches?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
iGary said:
If they were up your arse you'd know where they were. :p

I'd start this reply by pointing out that Roger is hot, but the rest of it would probably get censored. :eek: :eek:

I guess the logical guess would be that the speakers are mounted under the keyboard? Don't some of the PBs/MBPs have speakers under the keyboard? Not that they've ever had a keyboard like this one, about which hot Roger refuses to comment. :eek: :D And not that they've ever ONLY had speakers under there.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
what the heck - i think roger is hot also... i dont know why though. band wagons are fun, especially when you jump on them

is it just me who thinks that the keyboard will have future crumb problems? there doesnt look to be a lot of clearance arond the whole the key goes into?

ok im sad!

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
mkrishnan said:
I'd start this reply by pointing out that Roger is hot, but the rest of it would probably get censored. :eek: :eek:

I guess the logical guess would be that the speakers are mounted under the keyboard? Don't some of the PBs/MBPs have speakers under the keyboard? Not that they've ever had a keyboard like this one, about which hot Roger refuses to comment. :eek: :D And not that they've ever ONLY had speakers under there.

I think Roger is smoking now... :D

But anyway, I was thinking the speakers were in/around the hinge when you open it up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.