Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Otto Rehhagel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Did anyone else see this? It looked so real! Seeing it live on TV, I was shocked. Great trick. It was a trick right?

All for promoting that Grey's Anatomy? (I don't watch either show, just happened to turn on the TV tonight and the channel was set on on ABC.)

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Otto Rehhagel said:
Did anyone else see this? It looked so real! Seeing it live on TV, I was shocked. Great trick. It was a trick right?

All for promoting that Grey's Anatomy? (I don't watch either show, just happened to turn on the TV tonight and the channel was set on on ABC.)
Link?

Otto Rehhagel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
I have no link, to a news article that is. I was hoping someone could post a news article, but nothing, except for this blog:

link

I hope YouTube has it soon.

I still have a feeling that the snake bite was real, but am waiting to hear what other people think.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The snake bite was a fake. It was a stunt to get the GA docs to do the interviews "on set". The snake was clearly (from close-up shots) not real, but I don't think the audience was let in on it ahead of time.

And it wasn't live - it was filmed ahead of time (the mention of Oprah's show, which didn't run on the east coast due to W's chat, proves that, and so did the promos mentioning the bite earlier in the evening).

Otto Rehhagel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
jared_kipe said:
The incredible ambiguity of your thread is baffling.

Sorry to disappoint you...

jsw said:
The snake bite was a fake. It was a stunt to get the GA docs to do the interviews "on set". The snake was clearly (from close-up shots) not real, but I don't think the audience was let in on it ahead of time.

And it wasn't live - it was filmed ahead of time (the mention of Oprah's show, which didn't run on the east coast due to W's chat, proves that, and so did the promos mentioning the bite earlier in the evening).

Well, that explains everything. I guess I need to watch more TV to get the info on the promos, the mention of Oprah's show, and so on. Like I mentioned before, I don't watch either show, or much television at all.

I will be more prepared next time, so my threads are not so ambiguously baffling. :rolleyes:

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Glad to find a thread on this here as I watched Kimmel's show last night and the snake attack did seem real as I wasn't expecting it and was hoping to see some kind of news article on it today, but being that there doesn't seem to be one, I'm inclined to believe this was staged. I have to agree that the snake didn't seem all too real although that was pretty gnarly how it lunged out of the box and tagged Jimmy on the hand.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Otto Rehhagel said:
Sorry to disappoint you...

Well, that explains everything. I guess I need to watch more TV to get the info on the promos, the mention of Oprah's show, and so on. Like I mentioned before, I don't watch either show, or much television at all.

I will be more prepared next time, so my threads are not so ambiguously baffling. :rolleyes:
So it wasn't ambiguous? Imagine a thread "Man Fell from tree?" With the body, "Did anyone see? oh boy it looked so real, there were paramedics and everything. Did he loose his job?"

No links, or pictures or clips. :rolleyes:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Grey's Anatomy seriously assails my manhood. The (end of season) plots are ridiculous. I told my wife.. no more.
Grey's Anatomy seriously assails my manhood.

Otto Rehhagel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Gymnut said:
Glad to find a thread on this here as I watched Kimmel's show last night and the snake attack did seem real as I wasn't expecting it and was hoping to see some kind of news article on it today, but being that there doesn't seem to be one, I'm inclined to believe this was staged. I have to agree that the snake didn't seem all too real although that was pretty gnarly how it lunged out of the box and tagged Jimmy on the hand.

Not letting the audience in on the trick was definitely a good idea. It added to the impact of the hoax. Everyone who I know that saw it was fooled.

jared_kipe said:
So it wasn't ambiguous?

Um, no. Check the link above (it was posted on YouTube 7 hours ago):

Now you can post something relating to this topic.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Yeah thanks for providing the youtube link for this. Upon closer inspection the handler is obviously feigning restraining this reptilian hoax and it's obviously he controlled the strike to Jimmy's hand. I wonder what his girlfriend, comedian Sarah Silverman, had to say.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Otto Rehhagel said:
Um, no. Check the link above (it was posted on YouTube 7 hours ago):

Now you can post something relating to this topic.
Are you kidding, umm the link that got posted AFTER all of my posts? Your first post and thread topic was very ambiguous.
And I'll talk about whatever I please.

hmmfe

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2003
jared_kipe said:
Are you kidding, umm the link that got posted AFTER all of my posts? Your first post and thread topic was very ambiguous.
And I'll talk about whatever I please.

This all seems so ambiguous. Do you have a link or pictures? Talk about what, to whom, for what reason? The ambiguity of your post is making my head spin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.