Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I've been looking for quite a while now, reading reviews and comments about headphones.
I am needing a new pair, the iPod ones are fine sometimes, but leaving them in for awile starts to bug my ears.
I originally purchased the Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones (Link)
but from the minute I put them on I couldn't stand them. The noise-canceling feature was useless,
making the music I was listening to sound like it was coming from an out-of-range radio station.

So I returned them and put up with the iPod ones until I could find something else.

Well fortunatly I did, unfortunatly though I found two pairs
the Band and Olufsen ones (Link) and the Shure E2c's (Link)

At the moment I am probably going to buy the Shure's, but I need your advice.

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
My opinion is that the B&O are overpriced.
I have the Shure E2c's, and I love them - they block out most of the noise, and the sound is amazing. Just make sure you find the right "Fit Kit". The e2c ship with 6, and I had to try 4 before I found one that was really comfortable.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
jalagl, which fit did you choose? I understand there are 3 different sizes in rubber and 3 in foam, am i right?

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
I don't know the Shure E2c but I would choose that brand over B&O any day. B&O make nice looking stuff, but the quality of their speakers, TV's and so on aren't that great when you compare prices/quality with competitors.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I am going to buy the Shure's, for shure now.

I like the sound isolation feature they have and it seems like they don't bother your ears after long periods of use.

They also put a little extra money back in my pocket.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Just so you know, B&O's official stated policy is "style > *", so you're going to spend a lot of money for the look and/or feel of it, when you can spend less on something that performs as good or better.

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
Go with Bose, either the $150 Triports or the $300 Quiet Comfort 2's. I personally have the Triports, they are pretty damn tight. I just went on a plane ride and was sitting on the wing. With the headphones, i could listen to music extremely low and still hear it great without the noise of the engine. Even with no music, it was really quiet, quiet enough to sleep like a baby.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
As the owner of a pair of Shure E2c's, I can say that my new Panasonic HJE70's completely blows them out of the water. Hands down the best headphones I have ever worn in terms of comfort and sound. Give them a try if you are still looking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.