Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
The mouse speed in OS X has annoyed me ever since I got my 19 incher. It was way too slow.

I just downloaded a Turbo Mouse thing and it rocks ! http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=12198&db=mac

Now all I need is something like PS2rate (I think that's what it's called) for Windoze; it increases the framerate of your mouse making it look smoother. Any one know of one?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
precise movements...

I'll go with the advice of the guy's response on graphic artists having trouble with precise pixel movements while using it....

thanks but no thanks...

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
Are u all aware of the fact that u are freaks? Talkin about mouse speed. WHAT HAS THIS FORUM COME TO??:( ;) :p :mad: :rolleyes: :confused:

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
The only problem I have with mouse speed in X is 1) the login screen, and 2) after I quit Quake3. The damn thing resets my mouse speed back to like the second notch. It's awful. I mean it just makes sense, the more real estate we have with bigger and bigger screens and resolutions, WHY are we still using practically a 1:2 ratio for default?

And now, to branch off the topic, I have a problem with the optical mouse in programs like Photoshop. What if I want to add airbrush to a picture in a totally erratic, non-professional manner? :D (i.e. running your mouse back and forth REALLY fast) It don't work! Oh well. I never do that anyway, so it's not that big of a deal...

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
I have the same problems with Quake and at the login screen. I accept that it's a bug in Quake, but it is possible to make the mouse faster at the login screen?

BTW, I slow the mouse down for graphic work... I'm not crazy :D :D :D

dnelsongb

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
If the mouse is in your arse...

Ive heard of gerbals and hamsters but not computer mice in your arse. Im sure that would effect your mouse speed. Pull the mouse out of your bottom and nobody gets hurt. The mouse is properly used in hand and the speed is variable. I agree, this is a dumb thread to post!

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
U people are so rtarded man! I mean, Macrumors used to be hosting ground for cool personalities with cool topics. After John123 SPikey and the gang left...all that Im left with is you..speaking about how your imac got stuck in thailand and how the mouse speed is slow. SO Fndumb!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
To all those who have been upset by this thread:

Sorry. :( This thread is in the general discussion section, and it is computer-related... in fact it is Mac OS X related.

If you have no problems with your mouse speed, move on. If you - as I do - thought the maximum mouse speed in OS X is too slow, then you'd have found this thread informative.

Get over it, people. Just because this thread doesn't excite you doesn't mean others don't find the information in it useful.

MaxRool

macrumors member
Actually I have a 21" monitor and I think the tracking speed is a problem as well.

Beause i share a monitor, keyboard and mouse between 3 computers, the mouse speed (on MacOSX only) resets to default when I switch between computers.

I think its a problem.

Thanks for the info Beej.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.