Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I know this is a random thread on a stupid subject.

But i am constantly falling asleep with my Powerbook on my bed with me.

I took a nap today with it on the bed. I almost always fall asleep with my remotes on my bed sometimes my iPod and my DS.

But i do randomly fall asleep with my laptop on the bed too.

Probably not a good idea I know but i was just wondering if anyone else does.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Its happened a few times...Its never been on me, always next to me or in front of me...and I usually wake up within a few minutes because of the music I'm playing.

I have yet to sleep the whole night with my baby, but I hope if it ever happens I don't break it! :D

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
I happens to me from time to time. My bed's next to a wall so I don't live in fear of having an iBook end up on the floor.

I sometimes end up sleeping on my iPod too. :eek:

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I never did with my iBook but now I do it occasionally with my MacBook. Sometimes I do it on purpose when Im cold because its so hot.:p

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
I once fell asleep with my powerbook on my chest. Seriously!! It was only for like a half an hour and it didnt fall off.. I think I was waiting for someone to IM me haha

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
I do it all the time. I stay up late playing around with the laptop and watching TV and I just doze off. Wake up and its just sitting there, just glad I have never knocked it off.

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
Coolnat2004 said:
I once fell asleep with my powerbook on my chest. Seriously!! It was only for like a half an hour and it didnt fall off.. I think I was waiting for someone to IM me haha
Yup, that's happened to me too.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
oh god... Brings back bad memories.

One time I feel asleep with my iBook and well at like 2 in the morning I heard a load thunk. Then I though, "Oh f*ck, I just broke m baby." It had closed, (maybe I had or my mom or dad, thank god) and I checked the outsie for dents. NOTHING. perfect condition. Then I tried to turn it on. "f*ck, now I have to pay a fortune to get it fixed." I thought. Then I checked the battery metter and the battery was completely drained. so I plugged it in and it has worked fine to this day.

My heart droped when I saw it upside down on the floor though.

To do this day I remember to put my laptop on the floor if I start to doze off.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
desktop, no
but my laptop, yes. once with my old one it fell off, but the one i have right now i leave on my nightstand when i use in bed (gets unbearably hot) so no problems there.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
happens pretty often for me... I'll be lying down on the couch with my powerbook on my stomach while watching a movie, and I'll just drift off to sleep.

Course there have been a few times that I've fallen asleep while chatting online or playing some game (that was mostly back when I played WoW), but it mostly happens with movies.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Many times.

Twice I have woken up hours later with keyboard imprints on my face.

Once I fell asleep during a huge, very important guild raid in WoW (yes I was a loser), and my hand went limp, causing me to press the walk-backwards button, and walking me right into a monster, who proceeded to kill the entire raid group.

Once I woke up because the movie I was watching finished.

Once I woke up because I rolled over on my closed powerbook (at like 9 am)

Once I fell asleep with 'compromising' material on the screen. :D

Timepass

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2005
dotdotdot said:
At least no one's fallen asleep with their desktops... :rolleyes:

well I have fallen at sleep at my desktop a few times but that was because I was up almost all night finishing a lab report. woke up abotu 2 hours later with an imprent of the keyboard on my face.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Who knows, I may just be buried with my favorite Mac.

Since in some cultures they consider death the equivalent of a long sleep, does that count? :D

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
Happens to me all the time, too. ...haven't rolled over it yet (during sleep that is)

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
Once I was listening to my iPod while on my iBook and I just put my head down for a second, and the next thing I new, I was waking up to "Walkie Talkie Man" a half an hour later. :p

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Did this once with my MacBook in our couch in front of the tv. In the morning, it had miracilously moved to the other end of the couch. I also did this once with my old windows laptop... Nothing bad happened, but it was wrapped in a blanket somehows, and tore the blanket apart falling to the floor:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.