Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
I'm on the road touring right now and I was charging my 5th gen iPod on my bandmate's laptop when it totally erased my iPod, or at least I thought. Automatic update is off on my iPod, so that's not the issue. I just upgraded my bandmates G4 Powerbook to iTunes 6, Mac OSX 10.3.9, yadda yadda. I ran software update and installed of ton of new updates, since he hadn't updated since March of 05' or something insane like that. I repaired permissions. I previously charged the iPod no problem. Now, it says that iTunes can't recognize my iPod and that I need to use iPod updater to restore my factory settings. The weird things is that when I check the info on my iPod from the desktop, it says that I have 25gb used (what I previously had before my tunes mysteriously dissapeared). I don't want to restore my factory settings, because I won't be able to put my songs on my iPod until I return home to my computer after two more weeks of touring. I need those tunes on there ASAP, since it has material that I have to learn for a show tomorrow! I will send good karma the way of anyone who helps me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.