Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2003
Orange County, CA
Hi,

I was wondering if you can adjust the font size on the 17" imac? My great aunt is 97 and has macular degeneration but would love to be online and surf the web, write emails etc.

Thanks,
Darby

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Re: Can I make the fonts bigger on 17" imac?

Originally posted by Darby
Hi,

I was wondering if you can adjust the font size on the 17" imac? My great aunt is 97 and has macular degeneration but would love to be online and surf the web, write emails etc.

Thanks,
Darby
Your other choice is to change the resolution that is being used for the display. And this way you don't have to worry if a program has the ability to change fonts and such.

pmcaleer

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Zoooooom!

Try Zoom mode. It's not a total solution, but it will make things larger on demand. System Preferences -> Universal Access.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
If she uses OmniWeb, Safari, or maybe IE (not sure on that one), the font size is very easy to increase. The Finder icons are VERY easy to see at 128x128, with size 16 font.

Darby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2003
Orange County, CA
Thanks all!

Hi,

Bear:
Thank-you for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question(and my other question today!). :)

pmcaleer,Macmaniac, and GeeYouEye:
Thank-you for the replies. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my novice questions.

Thanks again,
Darby

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.