Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny_boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Hi There,

My PowerBook feels like it could do with some more memory. Currently running with 512MB which came stock. My question is, where is the best place and best memory to buy for my PowerBook. I'm looking to buy a 1GB stick. I'm in the UK so UK online retailers please. I read a few posts about PowerBooks being fussy when it comes to memory hence this post. I've gone through the memory advisor tool on Crucial and 1GB stick is £120 bit pricey for my liking. Any help much appreciated

Danny

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
danny_boy said:
Thanks! Is it easy to install?

It's in the bottom - very easy. Open the panel and slip it in. You will need a very small-headed screwdriver, though.

You might also try Data Memory Systems for your RAM.

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
iGary said:
Ooops, didn't see that part, sorry.

No need for the eye rolling. ;)

But I like the eye-rolling!

As an aside I noticed that DMS supply "Transcend" modules. These are the same as the ones from Orca that I use and I can highly recommend them to anyone from across the pond!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
cal6n said:
But I like the eye-rolling!

As an aside I noticed that DMS supply "Transcend" modules. These are the same as the ones from Orca that I use and I can highly recommend them to anyone from across the pond!

I like the modules I got from them - didn't know the brand - thanks. They are quite nice - they have a rubbery coating on the little chips, which is kind of nice.

danny_boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
iSaint said:
My 1.67ghz Powerboook screams with 2g of RAM!!! You'll definitely see an improvement.

Sweet! It's pay day tomorrow. So I'm going to go ahead and order some more memory. £86.83 seems a fair amount for memory. Should I be looking for cheaper? Or is this as good as it gets?

Danny

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.