Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
Noooo. My birthday was two days ago and my family was getting me an iPod. I told them to wait a few weeks. I don't want to wait a several months.

bah

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
If apple incorporated a changeable backlight intensity users could increase battery life with more or less backlight... nothing difficult about that except a few lines of programming right?

ASP272

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Nashville, TN
rockthecasbah said:
If apple incorporated a changeable backlight intensity users could increase battery life with more or less backlight... nothing difficult about that except a few lines of programming right?

I think that is what they were talking about in this article - making hardware/software adjustments to increase the battery life. It makes sense with a variable backlight, but they would have to do a lot more to extend the life of a TRUE video iPod battery with a large screen. I wonder what the life of the battery is on one of those other video MP3 players out there?

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
grrr i have been holding out for the next gen video as well and this sux. Recently my ipod photo died and all i have left is my shuffle to hold me over. I really dont know what to do.... GAH!!!!!!!!:mad:

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
See, it's times like these, I'm glad I didn't play the waiting game because the 6G seems to keep getting "delayed" more and more...

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
How often are these guys right? I mean really, are they ever correct in their predictions? Apple hasn't announced anything so how can it be delayed? He doesn't cite a source or say he has insider info. It sounds like he's just making stuff up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.