Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I have acquired maybe 100 songs from itunes but most have been free using the Pepsi promotions they ran the last couple of years. I do use itunes for the podcasts though.

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2006
PA
my purchased list has 109 items in it (12 hours, 1.85GB). most are free d/l and from the pepsi promotions and some were off an itunes gift card i got as a present. others were songs that came out over the summer that i wanted to listen to but wasnt at school (where theres a network) to d/l them.

Applespider

macrumors G4
I buy most of mine from the iTMS. I'm not an audiophile and I end up listening to music while on trains/planes so the quality doesn't bother me.

Pre-iTMS, I bought one or two albums a year; I'm not a big fan of record stores and flipping through rows and rows of CDs. And when I want an album, I tend to want it 'now' rather than waiting for it to arrive in the post. Post-iTMS, I buy one or two a month. I have 1005 songs in my Purchased playlist of which around 200 were free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.