Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MFoogle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
ok, so i accidently downloaded some songs onto my library (and my ipod!!!!!) that i didnt want. so instead of deleting them from my library, i accidently right clicked and pressd "clear". it cleared them out of my library and sent them to the trash bin and i emptied it but when i plugged my ipod in, the songs were still on my ipod!!!!!! I REALLY WANT TO GET THEM OFF!!!!!!! i couldnt find anything in the instructions to help and i even tried refreshing it and nothing worked! i heard that pluggind in your ipod to another computer would delete your songs (i just want the songs on my ipod deleted, not my itunes library), but would it download the songs on that computer and just keep your songs too, or what would it do? i was thinking about doing that, but i am not sure. but if there is some way to delete the songs on the ipod without destroying the itunes, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!

Curtains

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2006
Well, I update my itunes manually, so I can delete songs from my ipod as I please. Do you update manually?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
If you automatically update your iPod you should be able to get them off by syncing them with your computer... If that doesn't work then try reformatting the iPod, you can do that by going to /Applications/Utilities/iPod Software Updater (from the main hard drive) and running the latest dated programs inside on OS X or on Windows going to Start Menu==>All Program's==>iPod ==>iPod Software updater

(you may want to sort the start menu into alphabetical order by right click and choosing sort by name if you cannot find it)

in the application itself press the restore button to restore your iPod to factory settings, it will then reformat and you can add your music again from iTunes.

If you have a fast internet connection it may be worth getting the latest iPod Software update from http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

MFoogle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Curtains said:
Well, I update my itunes manually, so I can delete songs from my ipod as I please. Do you update manually?

how do I update them manually? (sorry, i just got my ipod a week or so ago)

MFoogle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
CanadaRAM said:
Hi MFoogle

Welcome to MacRumors
You'll get even better help if you make your thread title representative of the question you are asking. This is the 2,190th thread entitled "Need Help".

thanky thanky. i tried to change it...the title of the whole thing didnt change though....so depressing....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.