Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Anyone on here every try to paint a third generation iPod? I'm considering trying it myself if I can see some examples of others who have done it.

ExileinBlonde

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
craigatkinson said:
Anyone on here every try to paint a third generation iPod? I'm considering trying it myself if I can see some examples of others who have done it.
The only way you would catch me painting my iPod is if I had 3 of them.

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
I think there are places that you can send your ipods into to get painted check out there web sites maybe

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I have an ipod nano. I never use my third generation iPod. I've been thinking about selling it, but I doubt I could get enough out of it to make it worth it. So I thought it might be cool to paint it red or something. I don't know how good it would look though.

ExileinBlonde said:
The only way you would catch me painting my iPod is if I had 3 of them.

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
craigatkinson said:
It looks like this place just colors brand new ones and sells you the ipod and the paint job. Is there anyplace that paints used ipods?

Nope, I believe you can send your iPod/Mac into Colorware PC and they will paint it.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
skipskop24 said:
Nope, I believe you can send your iPod/Mac into Colorware PC and they will paint it.

that is correct... thay will order a new one and paint it for you, or you can send in one you already own and have it painted for a nominal fee...

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
^ you won't catch me putting nail polish remover anywhere near my iPod...so I guess it's only removable if you want to melt the plastic too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.