Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Collin973

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2006
Wow. Touch screen ipod? I want to sell mine. If thats real, that would be amazing. I'm not convinced it's real though....but it looks amazing...

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
i think its just a video of OS X captured with a video capture program, such as snapz pro x, and then put on the ipod. after a few run throughs and rehersal it would be easy to follow the actions on the screen and make them "appear" to be controlled and executed by the stylus. ia some points, i think you can see the scrollbar move ahead of the stylus.

and why would anybody do it anyway? the writing is tiny!

fake.

S

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
I'd agree that it's fake. I also don't know if it would be possible to have OS X run that smooth and an iPod unless they made it bigger to put in a faster processor.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
It's OSX, but you can see that his motions aren't even that closely in synch with what's recorded on the screen. Nice idea for a fake, but pretty obvious.

Not to mention that if Apple were going to do a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't be with the current case anyway--no need for it.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Makosuke said:
It's OSX, but you can see that his motions aren't even that closely in synch with what's recorded on the screen. Nice idea for a fake, but pretty obvious.

Not to mention that if Apple were going to do a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't be with the current case anyway--no need for it.

I agree. He obviously rehearsed this several times to get in snc with the video, maybe not enough times. If we had a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't look exactly like the 5G iPod, and the stylus would look way more.....Appley. :p

aaronb

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2006
definitely fake.
all this looks like to me is a video somebody made, imported it into iTunes, memorized what buttons were pressed and used some pen device to emulate it.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Fake. It's just a video iPod with a video someone took of doing all that.

Why?

Because Apple has STRICT Human Interface Guidelines. Having tiny little text on a 2" screen doesn't quite meet those minimum requirements.

Squareball

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Palo Alto, CA
purelithium said:
Plus, it looks like Windows XP, not OSX... Unless the Leopard Dock looks more like the Windows dock...

What you're seeing is not a dock or taskbar but a horizontal scrollbar on the browser.

But yeah, it's just a video he is keeping sync with. It make me smile though. I couldn't have remembered all those movements and the timing.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
aaronb said:
definitely fake.
all this looks like to me is a video somebody made, imported it into iTunes, memorized what buttons were pressed and used some pen device to emulate it.
Agreed.

Imagine how impossible it would be to read that text!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
there's also a bit where the image scrolls up up before the guy drags up with the pen...

4np

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
The Netherlands
Fake

Definately a fake... if you look at the scrolling you see the stylus and the scrollbar move seperately from eachother (at some points the scrollbar is moving faster than the stylus). So... this is just a video capture of an OSX pc and played back on the iPod video...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.