Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idkfa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Canada
I was hoping I could get some guidance on a recent problem with my 30GB iPod 5G. I plugged it in, and it requested that I update the iPod's software. After that was completed, I loaded a song into iTunes and tried to sync. Nothing happened.

The screen stays black. If I try to reset it, it makes a musical beeping sound, then a few seconds later, a white screen appears and then nothing happens. It just stays on.

This problem happened sometime after the update, as it worked immediately prior to the update.

There is one more thing. I cannot update or restore my iPod to factory settings, as it will not even connect to the computer.

Maybe I am just stupid, but does anyone know the correct number to call Apple about this?

I see a couple on their site...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
you can request service on their site. and checking out Apple's guides are a good place.

have you tried to reset the ipod?

idkfa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Canada
Yes I have.

After holding the two buttons for 6ish seconds, it beeps a few notes, stays black, then a white screen. The white screen stays on, and has been on now for 20 minutes.

idkfa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Canada
Should I just go ahead and request service? That would be the easiest way, I guess.

Or should I call?

I have never talked to Apple techs before, but I am not looking forward to some spank repeating the 5-R's over and over and over again. I am kind of in the mood to be ignorant, just send it in, and let them do all the thinking...

Also, it was bought in my friends name (I was working during the Edu Store's hours). Will this affect anything?

idkfa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Canada
Just got off the phone with Apple.

They were kind of like "whoa".

Anyways, getting a box sent, then a brank-spanking new iPod.

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.