Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
Hi Everyone,

Just need to know how much a new screen is and what's the turnaround time if I drop it in to the Apple Store Regent Street.

Cheers

Mark

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
way too much, i'd get a technically minded freind to replace it for you are buy one off ebay.

i recently replaced the screen in a 12" pb and it took about 40 mins.

zigmund555

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2006
Out of Warranty?

Did it fail or did you break it? If it failed and you're out of warranty Apple will replace it for their flat repair fee, around $300.

If you broke it, you'll have to buy a replacement, and its not going to be cheap.

jtown

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
It'll cost more than it's worth. If it's broken because of an impact with the screen, you're SOL. Neither the warranty nor applecare covers negligence (accidental damage). If it just stopped working, it may be covered under warranty (1 year) or applecare (3 years after purchase if you bought it).

Assuming it's not covered, you can probably find a new panel on ebay for a reasonable price. I replaced my ibook's LCD for about a hundred bucks a couple yeard ago. Even ended up with a whole new lid for spare parts (antenna, microphone, hinges, cables, etc.).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.