Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I use:

• A case

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • Invisible Shield (or the like)

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • iPod sock (or the like)

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • The packaged iPod slipcase

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Titanium protection - Both a case and Invisible Shield

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Strange homemade creation

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Nothing at all, scratches give it character!

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
And if you don't use anything at all, how long have you had your iPod and how has it held up?

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I didn't use anything at all for the first 6 months or so (just made sure it was alone in my pocket) and it held up pretty well. Since then I got a little fabric bag made for it (I know someone who sews), and it hasn't gotten a scratch on it since. I'd never take a plastic case over the bag. :)

It'd be most similar to an iPod sock.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
I have a black case:) I'd be happy to let it be naked, but my parents weren't so fond of that idea. I like scratches. They do give it character

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
iPod Sock protects my Nano perfectly - I have no scratches at all on the screen, and I could careless about a few fingerprints on the back.

I use the heck outta that little thing...:)

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
I often think about ditching my case, (clear Contour iSee) just maybe keeping it for when I ride my bike as it has a clip. I'm a very careful person and I think it would keep well, but I bought a case straight out of the gate because everyone said it was a must and it likely is for most people. Although, actually, what they said was more urgent, something like - "Don't even use it once without putting a case on it first!" haha.

rjgonzales

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2006
Texas
I don't use anything on my 3g, but I imagine if i were to purchase something new I would at least consider invisible shield.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I have a brown w/ white stripe leather flip case for my 4g, and it works great. Only problem I have is that it's now a bit thicker, and slightly less comfortable in my pocket, but that's a small price to pay to keep it unscratched.

jW

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Thermal Tiles...

020503tile2.jpg

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I use a Contour Showcase Video, together with somthing similar to the invisible shield that only covers the iPod's screen. The iPod is really well protected, but the case can still get scratched quite easily.
I never had to use a case with my iPod mini, because of how scratch-proof it was.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
I use invisible shild. This stuff is amazing. When I was at the store, the salesmen pulled out a pen, had me hold the amazing shield and then he proceeded to stab through the plastic while putting all his weight on it. It never penetrated the plastic. I was sold.

needlnerdz

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
switzerland
iWalkman

I use my trusty iWalkman to protect and disguise my ipod.. hopefully its a theft deterant... unless of course, you are hit by one of those vintage/analog thiefs...

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Nothing...

Not a damn thing, my 5G iPod is slightly scratched up (but still very useable) and works perfectly

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Sadly, when i got my ipod nano in August, the apple store didn't have any cases :)mad: ). So i had to wait a couple of weeks to get my Belkin Folio case, so my ipod got scratched just by being in my pocket.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I use an InCase leather case for my iPod Photo. I always liked the original Apple belt clip cases they used to supply with iPods, but I didn't like that you couldn't use the iPod while it was in the case. This case is by far my favorite case I have had. I have tried an iPod sock, a nice silicon case, but this one has all the features I wanted. Good protection, can use the iPod while in the case, can attach an iTrip without removing the case, and has a really sturdy belt clip and i think it looks really good on an iPod.

Here are some pictures I took with my iSight.

Oh, and the best part is that i got it at TJ Maxx for $5.00.

Attachments

• Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 55
  • Photo 7.jpg
    Photo 7.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 48
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.