Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noelmac75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
UK
Just got a new imac 17" 1gig, and i have to say there amazing, very snappy and responsive, the games play great in the widescreen format, but still dont think the mice apple supply arent great, the arrow moves slow around the screen and its not clicky enough for me, not sure about the one button either, a lot of tasks require 2 buttons, does anyone know of any good mice around with scrollwhell, 2buttons, senstive buttons etc. I heard microsoft explorer was a good one to get. Any help?

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland

Also i was looking at some of those kensington mice in my apple reseller and they are some damn ugly mice, but thats just me.

Granted, they probably work great but the MX700 is a beauty.

Maclicious

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2002
Seattle
mice

Originally posted by yzedf
macally makes decent stuff. even colored to match your imac...

http://www.macally.com/

I have both a Macally two button optical mouse with changeable face plates, and a more expensive kensington two-button optical mouse.

Both work fine. The Macally mouse is bigger, but the kensington mouse has an annoying squeak when I push it around or push its buttons. I guess I like the bigger feel of the Macally mouse overall. I put the kensington in may day bag to travel to and from work.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Originally posted by rundevilrun
I have a Logitech MX700 wireless mouse on my powermac and I've been very very happy with it.

-rundevilrun

I have to add my US$0.2 here. The MX700 is terrific, though I get nervous before an OS-level Software Update.

Hasn't broken it yet though - call me paranoid.

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Sorry. They just make a great mouse. I don't consider myself a traitor when I spend $3500 on my TiBook, then spend $50 on a MS mouse. It isn't my fault the Apple mouse is ridiculousy featureless.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Originally posted by FelixDerKater
Looking at your profile, I see that you may be the real traitor...

"Computer: G4 Quicksilver 733, IBM ThinkPad 760XL, IBM ThinkPad 600E, PowerBook 12"_" :p :D

-Aaak!

Someone who pays attention! :eek:

Uhh, I gotta call witness relo... :)

In direct response to your apt dig: "Know thine enemy" :D

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Logitech Marble Mouse usb, two-button trackball, optical (no moving parts except the ball). I love them; I have several. No backlash like old-style trackballs, and they're symmetrical so a leftie like me can use them.

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by FelixDerKater
That Kensington Studio Mouse is one heck of an ugly beast.

Uh...

indextop01232003.jpg

StudioMouse0302.jpg

White and silver, I think they go together rather well :eek:

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
I like the MX700 also, but I just bought an Intellimouse TODAY. I have to admit it's pretty sweet. Expensive, but sweet. Nice response, and it fits my gigantic hands nicely.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Re: Re: Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by MacBandit
I agee. They are a gorgeous mouse. They fit very well with the current Apple products. Now if I had a Sony Vaio or something that MX whatever you call it would be a perfect match.;)
I agree it's a gorgeous looking mouse, but have you used it? That scroll pad is really awful, and not nearly as good as a wheel.
I was gutted as I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't cut it for me.

I use a Logitech mouseman traveller - really small, silver (to match my PB and Dual 1.42) and it a fantastic product.

H

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by gotohamish
I agree it's a gorgeous looking mouse, but have you used it? That scroll pad is really awful, and not nearly as good as a wheel.
I was gutted as I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't cut it for me.

I use a Logitech mouseman traveller - really small, silver (to match my PB and Dual 1.42) and it a fantastic product.

H

Yes, I've used it for the last 2 months. At first the pad was weird. Once I got use to it I like the pad much better. It is much smoother on the finger tip and at a tap of a finger I can jump a single line at a time up or down or if I hold my finger there I can scroll up or down. I have had no problems with pad sensitivity since I have gotten use to it and set the scroll speed.

KingArthur

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
Marion, Ohio
I interchange a mouse between my PM 6500 (with a usb card which I bought specifically so I could use an optical mouse) and my PC laptop. I use the Logitech Wheelmouse (I think that is the one) and, although it is not the prettiest of things, it is the best mouse I have ever used, and that includes using many other people's mice to fix their computers;-). It is a corded mouse, but then again, you have a corded computer;-). The cord is suprisingly long, so you don't have to worry much about that. It has two nice buttons and a wheel which also serves as a third button. I am not sure of the OS X compatibility, but I bet Logitech has made a driver for it. Overall, I think any Logitech mouse would serve you well, and I stand by them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.