Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
I don't know if this is old news, but if you haven't seen it already, a great spoof of the Mac ads by VH1, via ifilm. You have to admit, they get the smug Mac kid just right.

(I know, Mac good, PC bad.)

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
jackc said:
I don't know if this is old news, but if you haven't seen it already, a great spoof of the Mac ads by VH1, via ifilm. You have to admit, they get the smug Mac kid just right.

Nice! There are others posted...search forum. Those ones have not been posted.:)

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
jackc said:

wow, cant say i found these funny at all. yawn.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
jackc said:

I like those.
Hate to admit, but it's halfway a good representation. ;)

gallagb

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
IN
i thought they were all kinda dumb

cool that they got the music...etc
but-
dumb that they weren't pro either machine

it was more like
"oh look- we can stay stupid stuff on camera in a format that someone else came up with!

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Those are pretty well done, aside from their amazing acting.

The last one had to be the best though: "That's like a really long name for a software program." :)

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
My local news station also spoofed them. It had a guy with glasses and suit next to a guy in casual clothes presenting the local news station's website and the other guy was talking about his company's website that's written in the East Coast. It's on 9News in Denver.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
excellent spoof. much better than the original.
i think apple screwed up by making these ads.
they just come off as conceited and smug.

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
HAHAHAHA! The last one is genious. Yeah, they really don't make fun of macs as much as they make fun of the actual advertisements themselves; they really don't glorify Windows either. In fact, they still show apple hardware at the end so they still work in favor for apple even if they never air.

They actually show that mac users have a sense of humor and can laugh at themselves too.

Well done and enjoyable.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
obeygiant said:
excellent spoof. much better than the original.
i think apple screwed up by making these ads.
they just come off as conceited and smug.
Truth be told, didnt like those damn ads to start with. At all. These are much better than the original IMHO :D

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
I think the new apple ads are very clever and innovative. More than I can say for 99% of the commericals on t.v. today. You guys need to get a sense of humor.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
craigatkinson said:
I think the new apple ads are very clever and innovative. More than I can say for 99% of the commericals on t.v. today. You guys need to get a sense of humor.
If you dont find the spoofs funny, I dont know if you should be giving out that advice :rolleyes:

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
Oh I never said the spoofs weren't funny. I thought they were. I was responding to those who hate the apple ads.

brepublican said:
If you dont find the spoofs funny, I dont know if you should be giving out that advice :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.