Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickelbackmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Jonesboro, Arkansas USA
I made this thread for anyone who wants to use their imagination and share ideas of what upcoming iPods should have (features, capabilites, etc).

As for my idea: an iPod with Front Row;) (minus the DVD player, just the Movies, Music, and Photos)

Give it a shot!:)

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
I just read an article that they are now working on reading 'brain waves', and there is even someone who is completely immobilised, who can still operate his computer, by thinking of moving something. Problem is he has a screw in his head for accurate readings, but they are also experimentating with external, though less accurate chips.
These would be ideal to build into your headphones, and since forward, backward play, pause, and so on are pretty simple, it should be manageable.

NOW THAT'S NON TOUCH !

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
I really want an iPod Chat with iSight, PhotoBooth and iChat all built in. Would be sweet...

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
please discontinue iPods...;)

i wish iPod will be a computer! but then again, what's a computer?

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I want a nano that wont scratch...

But seriously, i think a wireless itunes store would be sweet. Also, it would be time consuming, but i would like to be able to edit song information or write notes on ipods (using the click wheel i guess)

Retired
May 16, 2006
I would like a wireless ipod that can be used as a front row remote for macs, as they always get lost, and are just a pain.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
nickelbackmac said:
As for my idea: an iPod with Front Row;) (minus the DVD player, just the Movies, Music, and Photos)
+
applemax said:
I really want an iPod Chat with iSight, PhotoBooth and iChat all built in. Would be sweet...

übernice. really. of yeah, and with no scratches. and a good case included. and a tiny built in mono speaker. and some type of framework so that people could write apps and games for the iPod. man, i'd kill for one of those!:cool:

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I'd like an iPod with an iPod Mini style skin (Matte Aluminium), Video, kick ass batterylife, and a decent EQ which doesn't clip the sound...

I'd also like to see the ability to make contacts, notes and calander events on the move. WiFi integration would be cool to so you can listen to other people's iPods, in the same way you can share iTunes libraries between computers...

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
Our very own "cleanup" has created exactly what i want. ( in photoshop at least )

if his mock-up could become a reality, i would buy it in an instant.

189705686_87e03a378c.jpg

thanks Albert! i love your creation!!!

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
AGoglanian said:
Our very own "cleanup" has created exactly what i want. ( in photoshop at least )

if his mock-up could become a reality, i would buy it in an instant.

<snipping giant photo>

thanks Albert! i love your creation!!!
oh man!!!!! that looks so cool!!!!!!!!
me wants!!!!!!!:D

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
i know! Albert ( cleanup ) did an awesome job on that. I wish i could create such things in photoshop. I'm only good at manipulating my own photos ;)

( also sorry didnt know the pic was so huge, i re-hosted it and used a smaller version, hope he doesnt mind )

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
AGoglanian said:
i know! Albert ( cleanup ) did an awesome job on that. I wish i could create such things in photoshop. I'm only good at manipulating my own photos ;)

( also sorry didnt know the pic was so huge, i re-hosted it and used a smaller version, hope he doesnt mind )
yeah. now that i look at it, it may have actually been illustrator as opposed to PS, but I guess only cleanup knows.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
markkk! said:
i think its too busy.
well, with the keyboard pulled in and nobody calling you, the only exterior differences are the iSight and the earpiece thing. as long as nobody happens to be phoning you, as i said, it's just a normal iPod interface (buit all touchscreen) with a dock. seems dandy to me!:)

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I'd definitely take one of those! As said, without the keyboard out and the phone call coming in it would be CLEAN. I would hope that it would shift to landscape with the keyboard out though, obviously.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
i don't like the isight thing. if i'm out, i won't need it. i'll just call them & be like GET OVER HERE. & if they can't then they shouldn't be conferencing anyway.

i think apple would hide the speaker to the ear better.
i only want to see the screen, and that's it.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
markkk! said:
i don't like the isight thing. if i'm out, i won't need it. i'll just call them & be like GET OVER HERE. & if they can't then they shouldn't be conferencing anyway.

i think apple would hide the speaker to the ear better.
i only want to see the screen, and that's it.
well, some people actually may enjoy/want/need video conferencing on the go. the guy made a nice mockup and some of us respect his work. as this is not a real product, there's no need to get worked up:rolleyes:

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
wmmk said:
well, some people actually may enjoy/want/need video conferencing on the go. the guy made a nice mockup and some of us respect his work. as this is not a real product, there's no need to get worked up:rolleyes:

im not worked up :confused:

i said i don't like it & you responded to what i thought, so i responded back with why i don't like it, contradicting to your reasoning.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
How about an iPod with an orifice for you to stick one of your appendages into so when you watch behind-the-red-curtain type videos it stimulates your appendage in synchronization with the on-screen action. Now THAT'S an iPod I'd buy the high end version of!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.