Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
Hi Guys,

My friend has a 4GB iPod Mini, which I actually sold to her and it has been acting up. I was wondering if you could diagnose the problem for me. Here are the symptoms. Oh and she is using Windows XP if that makes a difference. She added new songs to the library, and plugged in her iPod to update the songs. Everything was going okay until the iPod froze, and no matter what she did she couldn't get the computer to eject it. She said that she tried shutting down the computer and everything, and the iPod still wouldn't say it was okay to disconnect so she disconnected it anyways and then restarted it. So everything was okay after she reset it until she plugged it back in again. When she plugged it back in it began to overheat and it froze again, then she just unplugged it again like last time and reset it again, but this time all her songs were gone, and she kept trying and trying but the songs would not come up, only on iTunes but not on her iPod. Oh yea. And an alert came up saying that the disk couldn't be read. I have no ideas as to what this may be. Any help and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks! :)

JosiahPB

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2004
Grinnell
If the hard drive fails and it's under warranty, they should replace it. I recently had a friend with a 5G hard drive failure and he had it replaced and back to him in a little over a week.

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
JosiahPB said:
If the hard drive fails and it's under warranty, they should replace it. I recently had a friend with a 5G hard drive failure and he had it replaced and back to him in a little over a week.
Okay Thanks! I may take it into the Apple Store sometime this month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.