Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
On my PC, I had a little EXE which allowed me to de-limit the volume on my iPod Mini. I really need this as I've just been cutting the grass, and I can't hear my iPod at all when I'm on the mower...

So where can I get a similar de-limiter for OS X? I've googled for about 15 minutes, and I can't find anything....

Please help! :eek: thanks

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Killyp said:
I really need this as I've just been cutting the grass, and I can't hear my iPod at all when I'm on the mower...

i think you've had your chance , time to get a hearing aid :D

and what you cutting the grass in this heat for ?

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Let's just say I didn't go and do it on a whim...

Dad has his ways... :p

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Yay! I found a great little app, it's called GoPod and does exactly what I want it to do! :D :D

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
thats a cool looking website they got there - give me a shout if it works for you ! i said give me a shout if it works for you :D

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
liketom said:
thats a cool looking website they got there - give me a shout if it works for you ! i said give me a shout if it works for you :D

What?!!

Yes!! I do like trout!!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
May I suggest a solution that may be better for your ears in the long run. When I cut the grass I use my flight headset, with is very similar to the old over the ear phonograph headphones. Plus they were designed to be used in hi-volume areas. Go to your local record store/electronics store and pick up a pair of big over the ear headphones. Around here they are between $8 and $15, which regardless of exchange rate should about 15 Quid. It will save your ears, and even if not using the iPod they would greatly reduce the dammage caused by the mower.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.