Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulinMaryland

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Maryland, USA
My daughter will be entering college in five weeks, and I'm ready to order her a MacBook from the Apple Store, using the student discount. The family will be away all next week on vacation; I don't want the package to arrive when we're gone. How long should I wait to order to make sure the Mac will arrive after July 30? We live in Maryland (USA).

lu0s3r322

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2005
usually, custom built macs take about two weeks to ship from the apple facility in shanghai, china. if you ordered a default macbook, they ship in 5-7 business days according to the apple store, it varies between different macs

kathen

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2006
They're taking forever to ship. I ordered one last Saturday and it is supposed to arrive August 2nd. Order whenever.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
My MacBook has FINALLY shipped today-should be here on the 26/27th July. Can't wait :D. BTW I ordered on 3rd July :eek:

PaulinMaryland

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Maryland, USA
Macmaniac said:
The low end MacBook $1099 retail is on a huge backorder right now. We have a couple on order and its been over three weeks. If your ordering the low end model buy it now! It will take a while!
I've been working overtime so I think I'll be able to able to afford the black model, which I hear ships more quickly. But I may get the refurbished version; dunno if that makes a difference. I am eager to just get it over with. I can just leave
a note for UPS/FedEx to come back in August!

preeble

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2006
I ordered my Macbook on July 3rd (with a larger hard drive). It shipped on the 15th and I received it on the 17th. I was shocked at how fast it was delivered from China to NJ!!!

flyingkolours

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2006
oh! I was surprised when I ordered the macbook online and saw that it's goin to take around 3 weeks...was expecting my macbook to reach me within a week :(

i've placed an order on the 21st...when can I expect it to be delivered? (with a larger harddisk)

mhuk01

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2006
South West England
flyingkolours said:
oh! I was surprised when I ordered the macbook online and saw that it's goin to take around 3 weeks...was expecting my macbook to reach me within a week :(

i've placed an order on the 21st...when can I expect it to be delivered? (with a larger harddisk)

i ordered mine then too. whats ur delivery date? mines 8th august! i think i will pester apple as much as i can, and hope it makes some difference lol

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I live in Edgewood, Maryland. We ordered a BlacBook BTO with 1GB RAM and a 100GB hdd from the EDU store on May 29th. It was scheduled to ship on June 13th, but actually arrived on June 6th IIRC.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2005
i live in PA, i ordered a stock MB on the 13th and it finally shipped on the 22nd.

however, my girlfriend went to the closest apple store (1.25 hrs away) and picked up her notebook BUT she had to deal with the hassel from the sales representative.

p.s. no we dont want applecare why are you ringing it up at the cash register after we told you we don't want it :( :eek: :confused:

flyingkolours

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2006
mhuk01 said:
i ordered mine then too. whats ur delivery date? mines 8th august! i think i will pester apple as much as i can, and hope it makes some difference lol

actually i ordered on the night of 20th and my delivery date is 7th of August...so I think they're fair alright [:D] where did you order it? on the UK store or the US store? I did it in the UK store...and i'm in london...the shipping date is 27th July...and i just hope they ship it in one day!!! i desperately want to get it by this weekend!!

Cerano

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
I purchased mine with a reseller yesterday...

Apple store online here says ships within 3 business days for CTOs im wondering how much longer my reseller will take as im leaving for a holiday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.