Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBMatt11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
I have been searching everywhere! Is there a program to auto download album art. However, the issue is that I have the album field in all my ID3 tags blank.

However, I know there has to be a program cuz the itunes music store links can determine the album and track number, so another should be able to also do this.

Oblivious

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
MA
I use Album Cover Finder if I need to look up album art. I know that it has a feature to automatically sync album art with your iTunes library, but I've honestly never tried it. I just do everything manually.:p :cool:

Edit: It seems you can only using the syncing feature in the purchased full version. No wonder I've never tried it.:p

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
For a while I just did it by hand...googled the album and took the art from it. Earlier today I found this. Quicker but not very accurate. Granted the stuff it missed was obscure European techno, I already had my mainstream stuff done so I have no way to vouch for that. Good site though, it worked as advertised and well for free.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
I tried a couple of programs but either they weren't very good or they somehow added 2-3mb per album by adding a 20k jpeg to 10 tracks. I went manual, and although it took a while, it was worth it. Correct art at correct sizes.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Err if your using 10.4 then use the amazon art widget.

Just do a search on apples widget pages.

Simply play a track, click on the widget.
It gets the album art and then click apply.

Very simple Very fast.

sbfixxxer

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2006
Album Art - a similar but different problem

I had the same problem with album art, so I just went to google and did it manually - doesn't take that long.

But I've got the problem now where, the album art sits correctly, for each album in I-Tunes. But when it transfers them to the Ipod, it scatters them randomly, where now, I have Snow Patrol's art on The Pixies. And The Pixies album art on Kaiser Chiefs. Do you have any recommendations on how to fix it?

Because I-Tunes IS correct - all the album covers are correct per album. It's only when they're transferred to the Ipod that it screws up.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Shane

MBMatt11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
k the album art widget seems really good, but it does not work very well since I am missing the album ID3 tag, is there a program that can automatically add the album to the ID3 tag

MBMatt11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
also if you have the album tag the program corripio seems good, cuz it gets the images from the itunes music store so they are better quality. However, I just need to get the album info in my Id3 tags.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
MacRumorUser said:

Very simple Very fast.

i like this widget also... easy, fast, effecient... :)

Hytower77

macrumors regular
MacRumorUser said:

Very simple Very fast.

This tool is good for most stuff you might have. I ran into trouble using this where it would bring up something way off base. (For example, it pulled up some classical album for one of my older limp bizkit albums.)

I ended up just sorting everything by album, and doing it manually. It only took a few days doing an hour or so at a time till I got bored. I've got about 6000 items...so it isn't horrible.

I'd say try the amazon thing, and if it works, rock out with it and get it done quick...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.