Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qtip919

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Hi,

I have a problem - my video camera is not detected by iMovie. I can see it in About this mac > firewire. It shows just fine there, but in iMovie, I just see a blue screen when I move the little switch from "sissors" to camera.

Ive tried everything, turning camera on and off, different tapes, unplugging/replugging, opening imovie 10 different times, restarting, etc etc

It had worked just fine a couple of weeks ago...

Applespider

macrumors G4
Camera is plugged in and charging?

Camera and Mac have the same time set?

They've both caused problems in the past for people. The other thing is to check out the FW cable - if it's been coiled up, it might have got damaged since last time you used it.

qtip919

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Applespider said:
Camera is plugged in and charging?

Camera and Mac have the same time set?

They've both caused problems in the past for people. The other thing is to check out the FW cable - if it's been coiled up, it might have got damaged since last time you used it.

hmmm...the time/date seems to be almost identical - I would suspect the firewire cable, but I can see the camera in the "More info" section of about this mac.

Its a panasonic gs250

Erick

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2006
maybe a bit to obvious but... have you pressed the play button when the blue screen appears?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.