Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
1. I read a little bit of the pinned topic to import dvds to your ipod. I have a non-mac computer and i noticed the handbrake download seems to be for macs only.

2. Can you download trailers to your ipod(like the simpons movie trailer)

thanks for any help

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
The Toon Master said:
1. I read a little bit of the pinned topic to import dvds to your ipod. I have a non-mac computer and i noticed the handbrake download seems to be for macs only.

2. Can you download trailers to your ipod(like the simpons movie trailer)

thanks for any help

1.) what's the question?

2.) check out this.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Although Handbrake does not work on PCs, there are loads of alternatives for Windows, so you should not have any problems copying your DVDs onto your iPod.

You can dowload loads of film trailers in iPod format from Apple's website, here. They are in the yellow bit on the right of the page.

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
okay, thank you for your repleis

so only certai noens can go on my ipod, okay, thx

anyone know any other programs for windows?

Cobrien

macrumors member
May 4, 2006
What size are your converted files for the iPod. I get about 2.5hours per gb but my friend can get a whole series of friends in a gb.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Cobrien said:
What size are your converted files for the iPod. I get about 2.5hours per gb but my friend can get a whole series of friends in a gb.

Depends on what bit rate you use for your compression. ~40MiB for half an hour isn't all that great, I tend to aim for about 200MiB - 250MiB for a 30 to 40 minute episode. That makes your 2.5 hours/GiB look about right in my opinion.

Using Handbrake I encode using the following settings:

MPEG-4 encoder, .mp4 format.

1250kbps video bit rate
128kbps audio bit rate

Set video width to 576 (yes, the iPod will play it and it looks better on a TV)

That's pretty much it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.