Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
London
Does anyone havve any ideas why my RSS feeds have stopped working? Up until a few days ago all was well and now they do not update. I've not done anything to my mac so I cann't think of any reason why they would stop working. any suggestions would be great.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I'm having the same trouble, only on my intel iMac.

I have a button in my bookmark bar, called RSS. It has about 10 RSS feeds inside it, which should all display at the same time when you click on it.

It'll show new stories (e.g. RSS (17) ) but when I click on it doesn't update. I have to choose individual feeds to get the news.

Works fine on my PowerBook (synced on .Mac).

:confused:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I am experiencing the exact same problem! I'm as baffled by it as you guys are. The weird thing is that I have two user accounts - one of them works normally, the other one doesn't. It just so happens that the one that doesn't work is my day-to-day account :( :mad:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Applespider said:
Assume you've tried quitting Safari and relaunching it? Sometimes I find that seems to work if I've had a few days without it working
Yup, I've done that several times. It doesn't seem to help. I can't force a manual update of all RSS feeds either because Safari doesn't offer an option to do that in case the automatic update doesn't update.

I haven't tried:

-Resetting Safari
-Deleting Safari's preferences
-Disabling applications that are different between the two accounts

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
The only "fix" i found for this was making a new user account! I was forced to by a different set of circumstances, but now RSS seems to work fine... :confused:

joshualander

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
How about we take an inventory?

For each of you:

1. What version(s) of OS X are you using?
2. PowerPC or Intel?
3. What extensions and/or applications have you installed/modified recently?
4. Which feeds do you get?

At least we can eliminate something simple.

--
joshua.goldwasser@gmail.com

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Mac OS X 10.4.7, PowerPC

I've installed a whole bunch of applications recently, though I can eliminate every single one because the problem existed before I installed any of them. In fact, it started when I did a .Mac Sync after doing a total reinstall of Mac OS X.

Feeds I get:

Apple Hot News
Apple Press Releases
Apple Developer Connection
Coldfront (Kingdom of Loathing)
MacRumors - Page 1
MacRumors - Page 2
MacRumors - Forums
Slashdot - Main Page
Slashdot - Apple
Slashdot - Developers
Slashdot - Games
Slashdot - Hardware
Slashdot - Information Technology (IT)
Slashdot - Science

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.