Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
With all of these rumors circulating about new iPods, I was wondering what the possibility of new iPod cases might be? What i mean, is will there be a new backing, like this anodized aluminum stuff, that wont scratch as easily. I am selling my iPod on ebay right now that maybe in the next two weeks we might get something new!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11024&item=3010306521&rd=1

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
i certainly hope that they do update that damn back, i can live with the plastic front, but you cant touch the ****in back without getting a scratch on it. I am tired of using cases,and i have a feelin that apple understands this and will fix it. THey fixed the powerbook because people said it chipped and stuff, they even announced that it is no longer painted, making their point.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by DeusOmnis
What about that color changing technology that apple patented?

space is at a premium in the case, as the smaller it is the cooler it is... and i think the color changing technology is probably not a small thing... so no, i wouldnt even speculate on it.

incidently, Brasso takes the scratches off the front and to a lesser extent the back... try it.

wouldnt mind seeing a new case (tho i wouldn't get a new one)... not holding my breath tho...

pnw

snahabed

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2002
New York, NY
About scratches...

I have never heard of Brasso, but you might also want to look into iCleaner at http://www.powerline.com , and RadTech finally has Ice Creme on their pages ... The Ice Creme M package contains solutions to take out the scratches and marks on both the acrylic front and the metal back.

You KNOW I ordered that :) Hope it works. It will be invaluable when the time comes to sell it on eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.