Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
My comfy chair recent got broken by a very *heavy* man so i have to get a replacement. It has to be VERY comfortable seeing as i spend 80% of my time there. So folks show me what ya got.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
IKEA chair FTW. I love that thing!

I find it to be really comfortable, but then again, I'm 18 and pretty much anything is still comfortable to me. :D

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpeg
    Picture 3.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,343
L

Lau

katie ta achoo said:

I find it to be really comfortable, but then again, I'm 18 and pretty much anything is still comfortable to me. :D

I was really tempted by one of them the other day. :D

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
katie ta achoo said:

they look ''groovy''. lol i like them.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Lau said:
I was really tempted by one of them the other day. :D

They're so cute and they match my iPod. :)

The wheels are really good, but hard to bang into the bottom.
I had to get out a huge rubber mallet... after about 20 minutes of cursing and hammering, I just got my neighbor to put in the wheels. :eek:

but it's a good chair in all other respects. Also comes in black.

or did the OP mean different office chair, like what a CEO might have and secretly spin around in?

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
markkk! said:
Exactly my sentiment. It's about time we had a thread about chairs, considering we sit in them for at least 6 hours a day. A good chair is essential for good health and posture. :p

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
This is getting way out of control. :rolleyes:

and don't tell me I don't have to read these threads... I still have to put up with all the "Post your [insert uninteresting object here]" titles in the thread lists.

wkw

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2004
Eugene, OR
I have had a Herman Miller Aeron chair for the last 8 years. It was painfully expensive but worth every penny. Its incredibly comfortable and durable. Now they come with a 12 year warranty. LINKY

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Nice chairs so far....and no they don't have to be CEO type chairs. Any chair you use at your desk.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I am sitting on an old Atlas speaker horn with a stool cushion bolted on where the driver used to be. The current equivalent seems to be the DR-54.

PN_DR-54_Med.jpg

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
whocares said:
This is getting way out of control. :rolleyes:

and don't tell me I don't have to read these threads... I still have to put up with all the "Post your [insert uninteresting object here]" titles in the thread lists.

Ya think? lol.

What next, post your cell phone clip? Post your kitchen? Post your portable makeup set? :p

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
I have an Herrmann Miller Eames Lounge Chair.

This is what it would have looked like new, before someone alterned it into an office chair and before decades of use:

P_ELO_E014.jpg

And today (from the back, anyway):

IMG_0551.JPG

Very worn out but still very comfortable.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
I use a stack of 3 dead mac IIci's as a chair sometimes... they are all missing logic boards/ram/hard drives
IIci.jpg

want to buy them? Only $25 :D

but I like this one better:
executive-office-chair.gif

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
macEfan said:
I use a stack of 3 dead mac IIci's as a chair sometimes... they are all missing logic boards/ram/hard drives
want to buy them? Only $25 :D

So....tempting.....must...buy...obsolete...macs. I'm tryin to lay off for a bit on those.

And oh yeah, this thread had it comin. I have a extremely relaxing chair....
pn005870.jpg

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
They're so cute... ...but hard to bang into the bottom... ...I had to get out a huge rubber... after about 20 minutes of... ...hammering, I just got my neighbor to... ...come... ...in b... ...ack... ...office...
Lovely seat Katie

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
mpw said:
Lovely seat Katie

Thanks. Only cost $170 and it feels good on the tush.
and I was waiting to see how long it'd take for you to do that.. I specifically wrote it with you in mind. :eek:

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I'm still looking for one...it's funny I can spend this much on my HomeTheater/RSX and Mac but when it comes to this I'm tight and have trouble spending more than $150 CAN...!!!

...this one is for you...!!! (if you're reading this...!!!) :cool:

DBAlex

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
Omg, How dire are these posts getting... :rolleyes:

"Post Your Toenail Clippings" I can see it coming...

Anyway, I sit on a 3 year old computer chair from aldi, so na na na na to you ikea people! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.