Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
hey ive been noticing some pretty nice docks that some of you guys have. where would i find these? i like them a lot

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
What kind of docks do you like?
Maybe you can PM the people that you think have nice docks or something.

Here are some tools for customizing your dock...

ClearDock
TinkerTool

That's all I can think of for now. Only 2, but there's a lot you can do with those (with the dock).

EDIT: If you are on an Intel computer, you might have to use Onyx or Cocktail because TinkerTool (I think) isn't Universal.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Will you all start posting you docks. I love seeing docks when they are modified.

This post since its in the picture section shoud have pictures of all modified docks. So please start posting them

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
markkk! said:
theres a thread for that already.

I know but people don't post regular docks too.. I was hoping this would be more of a thread on mods of the dock and how they did it. and what not...

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Sure, here's mine:

58adce19.jpg

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
Here's mine...

I use cleardock with all colors turned off (completely transparent). No apps live in my dock. I launch everything from QuickSilver. A few folders reside on the far right. I also modded the Finder and Trash Icons (google it for more info...). I like it.

Dock.png

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
I like the text docks! Those are awesome. I'm gonna make a set of them right now, for every single application I have, so I'll post it when I'm finished.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I'm a left-sider, using ClearDock and icons from Laurent Baumann, with spacers as well.

I also like the text icons for the Dock, and it's easy to add for some of the more obscure applications that usually don't make it into downloadable collections.

Revlefty

macrumors regular
May 18, 2006
Can someone help me out here, when I download the seperaters and open the file, the folders empty. Tried downloading it again but same thing.

edit nevermind I got it.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Revlefty said:
Can someone help me out here, when I download the seperaters and open the file, the folders empty. Tried downloading it again but same thing.

picture2hz5.png

The readme is pretty good, but basically you should see them in column view in Finder

EDIT: Good to see you got it sorted :)

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
Revlefty said:

edit nevermind I got it.

There blank gif's. Try adding details in finder, ie. file date or just mouse around.

edit: didn't see the nevermind, sorry.

Revlefty

macrumors regular
May 18, 2006
haha, not that they were invisable. The folder from the file was empty, I had to open stuffit and drop the file into for it load.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
nope, they are widgets. i made the actual desktop picture have a black stripe, so the whole entire thing sort of looks like a dock.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Plymouthbreezer said:
Sure, here's mine:

58adce19.jpg

Oh cool. Whats the ink jar thing?

hayduke said:
I use cleardock with all colors turned off (completely transparent). No apps live in my dock. I launch everything from QuickSilver. A few folders reside on the far right. I also modded the Finder and Trash Icons (google it for more info...). I like it.

View attachment 54006

Oh thats cool looking.

Two things: Where did you get those dock icons those are crazy. And can you post a Picture of what you mean by launching everything by quicksilver.

Thanks guys these docks are sweet!

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
neocell said:

Ohhhh You know I just have to say how much I love apple... I dont have my MBP yet, but man I love apple... These dock things are so sweet! Like the creativity and detail that these little pictures of the programs just shows how much Apple and its followers are proud and stand behind their Computers...

Stupid windows...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.