Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Ahh, I love these threads. It makes me feel like I'm not too young to do anything :cool:

Anyways, here are pics of my room.

I love Picasa Web uploader! It's so easy!!

Post your rooms! :D :D

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Maybe the reaction to that kind of thread title is similar to what one thinks when seeing a link to 'Check out my teen bedroom webcam'. The first thought that jumps to mind these days, unfortunately, is not always the most proper one, perhaps.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'll assume (perhaps naively) that this will go well, but it's being watched. Nothing wrong with pics of your bedrooms, per se, but it could become an issue. We'll see.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Oh oh. JSW is keeping an eye on this thread. Isn't this exactly what we're worried about? /end of distugustingly bad joke

Anyways, later today (probably more like tomorrow) I'll get around to posting pictures. I should probably clean it up first since nobody's interested in looking at pics of piles of clothes.

C

CompUser

Cause all the elders around here will be like. Why is your room bigger than mine, why do you have a bigger bed, why do you have your own bathroom and a bigger closet. Blah Blah Blah. You all are so spoiled, when you grow up and meet the real world, you are going to suffer and waste all your money on frivolous purchases.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
gauchogolfer said:
Maybe the reaction to that kind of thread title is similar to what one thinks when seeing a link to 'Check out my teen bedroom webcam'. The first thought that jumps to mind these days, unfortunately, is not always the most proper one, perhaps.

That's different. I'm not gonna suddenly jump into one of those pics I've posted after a shower am I? :confused:

As long as you don't post a picture of yourself, or pictures of your underwear lying around, I don't see what the problem is...

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
CompUser said:
Cause all the elders around here will be like. Why is your room bigger than mine, why do you have a bigger bed, why do you have your own bathroom and a bigger closet. Blah Blah Blah. You all are so spoiled, when you grow up and meet the real world, you are going to suffer and waste all your money on frivolous purchases.
Yeah, those mods of ours are a jealous bunch. :rolleyes:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
CompUser said:
We try not to waste time posting the obvious, but we do appreciate you doing it for us. ;)

Besides, I'm not really keeping an eye on this, just threatening to do so. We elders like to threaten.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
LOL

I must be like an obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning my room. I do it every, 3 days or so :eek: . It's cool to live in though, coz that's what you do when the weather's how it is.

C

CompUser

Wow, this thread is heavily edited. Every time I look something has changed.

I guess I'll get the ball rolling again. My room as you can see is very drab. I want to change the wall color, but mother and father say no. This room was supposed to be a guest bedroom, it ended up being my sisters, she's in college so its mine now. It is slightly smaller than the master bedroom with a smaller bathroom and closet. Sorry if the pics are big.

Room Sizes:
Bedroom: 221 sq ft
Bathroom: 82.5 sq ft
Closet: 60.5 sq ft
Total: 364 sq ft

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
CompUser said:
Wow, this thread is heavily edited. Every time I look something has changed.

I know, things keep getting added and taken away. Everytime I visit it's like a whole new thread.

BOT, nice room. It looks very roomy (as in lots of room) and quite organized. I can't believe of clean you keep it. My room is so bad my parents forbade my cleaning lady to clean it.

C

CompUser

markkk! said:
compuser, you mom is gonna kill you for not having that poster framed. :p

I KNOW!!!

Well actually, she couldn't find an frame, and she didn't want to spend $500 at a framing store for that. I was quite amazed. She herself took that tack thing and pushed into the perfectly smooth sheet rock. She probably feels like her house is ruined.

When I was little, I could never have any toys in the family room because it was a "formal living room". :(

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Wow.
I feel like such a slob now.

I used to have a friend that was kinda such a neat freak....
He was one of those people that washes 99% of the crud off the plate before putting it in the dishwasher.
And puts on gloves to take out the trash.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
CompUser

For a 15 year old you have a very grown up bedroom!

Killyp

Your room is very tidy! I love the layout, and the equipment you have as well!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Thanks. There's a couple of things I'm wanting to do...

. Sell all the hifi (except the speakers) and get a B&O BeoSystem 5500
. Paint all the walls white
. Replace the bed with a funky sofabed
. Get a minifridge
. Get a retractable pole for women

Now THAT would be a bedroom, unfortunately, I think only the first three will be possible, possibly four at a push...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.