Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
I have tried looking around and can't seem to find a program that will extract this under OS X. I had a few files with a .daa extension and Power ISO will extract it under Windows. But is there an OS X equivalent?

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Yeah I thought so. It's ok it's not urgent or anything. Plus I can always dig up the pc in the garage...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
KingYaba said:
Yeah I thought so. It's ok it's not urgent or anything. Plus I can always dig up the pc in the garage...
I assume you don't have an Intel Mac then... Seems like you could convert DAA to ISO easily in Parallels or Boot Camp...

B

apathi0

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2007
No IntelMac (yet). Still waiting for these Rev. B MacBook Pros to come out.

what is this about a B macbook pro? i bought one of them macbooks with the student special thing - i can only assume it's an A (first version)? *sigh. why don't i know this stuff...

pan0rama

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2007
the bay
ok i know this thread is old, but,
I DO have an intel mac so does anyone have any suggestions for the best ISO converter? thx

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
ok i know this thread is old, but,
I DO have an intel mac so does anyone have any suggestions for the best ISO converter? thx

Run Windows in Boot Camp or Parallels/VMWare and run PowerISO? It's tho only thing that handles conversion of DAA files.

B

Draddy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Using my PC...

does anyone have one that works?

I've seen that programmed spammed everywhere, but it doesn't work.... I get the same error every time.

I also can't get the poweriso UNIX command to work either.... there are no instructions as to how.

-ajr-

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
PowerISO using xover

Hi,

i am sort of nu to this mac game, i am just getting into using windows appns on mac. i have crossover and i am trying to run poweriso . once i have the image file poweriso does not recognise the cd drive, so the blank cd does not show up to be burnt.

also, windows programs that need windows platform, can they be run using crossover?, or does bootcamp need to be set up?

any clues?

chrs.

tonyC4L

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2007
San Luis Obispo, CA
does anyone have one that works?

I've seen that programmed spammed everywhere, but it doesn't work.... I get the same error every time.

I also can't get the poweriso UNIX command to work either.... there are no instructions as to how.

there is a help file in the poweriso UNIX exec. just type in what you would to run it, but then add a space and type "-?" (without quotes of course). for example, if i have the exec in /Users/Tony/Downloads/poweriso, i would type in "/Users/Tony/Downloads/poweriso -?" and it brings up all the commands you can use with examples of how to use them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.