Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
I looked over the internet for a solution to this and couldn't find any posts with answers.

MBP 2.16 2GB 100GB 5400 HD.

I downloaded Nikon's Camera Control Pro which is used to compliment Capture NX.

I used Stuffit to unstuff the file. I clicked on the installer and it asked me for my admin password. After I inputted my password, it said "The installer cannot be launched." "The setting to execute the installer was not appropriately done."

Ideas?

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Camera Control Pro just doesn't work on mactels yet

Apparently CCP just doesn't work on mactels. Doesn't work on my MBP (ours are identically specced). Most other Nikon programs that are not yet UB work OK under Rosetta. CCP just won't work yet though.

I'm more than a bit upset. NIK software and Nikon had a long time to at least try and support us.

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
Abstract said:
No idea.

Try downloading it again and see if you get the same issue. Weird things happen sometimes when the file you're trying to uncompress just isn't right.

Yes, I will attempt to re-download. Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, according to Silentwave this software doesn't work. :(

Silentwave said:
Apparently CCP just doesn't work on mactels. Doesn't work on my MBP (ours are identically specced). Most other Nikon programs that are not yet UB work OK under Rosetta. CCP just won't work yet though.

I'm more than a bit upset. NIK software and Nikon had a long time to at least try and support us.

I share your sentiments.

I do professional work and would expect professional software to function somewhat or fully on any platform it is designed for. I do not completely use all Nikon software products for my workflow. Unfortunately for Nikon, I must use the combination of Bridge and Photoshop which is fine for me. But even after tweaking the Camera RAW settings on Adobe, I just don't get as great as an image, in terms of quality, as I would from Nikon Capture :(

I would only make an assumption that Nikon is in the same boat as Adobe in terms of not having enough time to recompile their software for the intel platform.

*cries*

EDIT: Thank you for the help though!

OSXconvert

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
Silentwave said:

I have just discovered this myself. It really pisses me off. Nikon does absolutely nothing to optimize their software for the Mac. Although Capture does work okay on dual G5s, it is abysmal on G4s and the macintels. Aside from the innovative UPoints and edit list, they don't appear to have done anything under the hood to make the program run faster or to fix the batch processing bugs. I don't know how they expect Mac professional photographers to be able to process hundreds of D200 or D2X NEFs in the field in any productive way. I hate to do it, but I guess I will run Capture in Windows XP on my macbookpro (the license lets you do that at least) because it runs nearly twice as fast.

Apparently Bibble runs in tether mode on the macintels. Anybody try it yet?

Etruscan

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
"The installer cannot be launched." "The setting to execute the installer was not appropriately done."

Ideas?

The way I was able to solve the problem was by installing the program under a new admin account. Go into System Prefs > Accounts and make a new account. Call it "nikon" or something, and make sure you set it so it's allowed to administer your computer (so it's an admin).

Now log out and back in to the new "nikon" account. Once there, try installing the Capture Control Pro software again. You may need to redownload it if you left it on your regular accounts desktop.

This should get you up and running. Once it's done, you can log back in to your regular account and remove the "nikon" account. CCP should run just fine under your normal account now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.