Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
This is the company I work for and need some other eyes on this project, comments welcomed! Thank You :)

229374570_ecb98a1b20_b.jpg

Front / Back

229374191_37e20587b3_b.jpg

Inside Left / Right

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
Not much to say, other than the colors are very good. The only thing I dont like is the rounded black corner on inside page 2. It doesnt fit there, at least in my eyes

nater.

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2006
I agree, not much to say. it looks really nice. only thing I might try - is add in some blue from the front into the inside.

Im not sure if I like the black corner as well...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
In the spreads, knock back the drop shadows on the boxes by 15-30% and maybe in size as well. They're just too heavy IMO... squinting at a page will show you which elements are visually prominent and somehow I don't think the shadows are that important...

Also, adjust your H&Js (hyphenation and justification) for the body copy to allow a little hyphenation in the justified columns, maybe 1 or 2 in a row max. At the moment, you've got bunching up and also white rivers appearing in the type leading to an inconsistent colour.

If the H&J set won't 'read' and hyphenate the ipsum, then try a piece of genuine copy from elsewhere to see if that's working correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.