Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickame

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Hi,
I just got an ibook clamshell 366 for my daughter and want to upgrade memory..only has 64mb... Apple says you can put a max of 320mb so I want to get 256mb to add (I've heard you may be able to put 512?). In any case, when shopping I see ther are PC 100, PC 133 and PC 133 that different folks say are or will work for this model. Do they all work, is any better, ****'s the dif? I found the best deal of all of any type for a PC133 from Kingston for only $19 (seems to good to be true...Kingston 256MB PC133 SDRAM SODIMM...SKU: KVR133X64SC3256...from stores.rosofgadget.com) and wonder if that will work in my ibook (But on another site's search it says Kingston doesn't make memory anymore for this ibook model...go figure?) Any recommendations on best memory if there is such and where to get appreciated. Thanks, Rick

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
rickame said:
Hi,
I just got an ibook clamshell 366 for my daughter and want to upgrade memory..only has 64mb... Apple says you can put a max of 320mb so I want to get 256mb to add (I've heard you may be able to put 512?). In any case, when shopping I see ther are PC 100, PC 133 and PC 133 that different folks say are or will work for this model. Do they all work, is any better, ****'s the dif? I found the best deal of all of any type for a PC133 from Kingston for only $19 (seems to good to be true...Kingston 256MB PC133 SDRAM SODIMM...SKU: KVR133X64SC3256...from stores.rosofgadget.com) and wonder if that will work in my ibook (But on another site's search it says Kingston doesn't make memory anymore for this ibook model...go figure?) Any recommendations on best memory if there is such and where to get appreciated. Thanks, Rick

66, 100, 133 will work in the machine, yes the actual maximum is 576 mb, so if i was you i'd buy a 512 and bump it to the max yes there is a difference the speed, however if you got a PC 133 model your speed would still remain a PC 66, so I'd choose the cheapest, i'd try crucial, they will sell it, but i'd go with two of those 256 models for $19 each you can't go wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.