Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsully8798

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2006
Weird

I got a call from Apple today telling me mine would ship Tomorrow and to expect it on Wednesday.

opinpi

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2006
jsully8798 said:
I got a call from Apple today telling me mine would ship Tomorrow and to expect it on Wednesday.

Why did Apple call you?? Did you set up some kind of phone notification with your order?

Just curious

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Trekkie said:
can we get back to wah wah wah my Mac Pro hasn't shipped yet?
Yes yes, let's do that. :p

I can now contribte to the thread as someone whos order has SHIPPED. :D I left for class at 4pm, now I'm in class an hour later and just checked my email to find a shipping notice from Apple. I got the free shipping and never called Apple about my order. It's shipping from Fullteron VIA FedEx ground and tracking says a wednesday arrival.

For refrence: ordered Aug 18th, X1900 XT/2GB RAM/BT+Airport, everything else stock.

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
apfhex said:
Yes yes, let's do that. :p

For refrence: ordered Aug 18th, X1900 XT/2GB RAM/BT+Airport, everything else stock.
Blee, I hate you, well, not you, but Apple shipping yours before mine. That'll teach me to never order the day of a keynote ever again. If I'd waited a week, I could've had my machine two days earlier than ordering on the 7th. Go figure.

:mad:

jansmith

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2006
Windshadow said:
Yes same here... word for word/// I wonder if we got the same rep!:rolleyes:

So here's what happened (fictional re-construction of events, not to be confused with the actual events):

Our MacPro units were at the front of the processing line on August 7th. They had top priority and were assigned numbers which set the order of processing. With the non-availability of ATI cards, these units were carted to an empty part of the warehouse, and there they sat. In the meantime, the ATI cards became available, and they worked off the new orders that needed the ATI cards. Thus people from Japan to Europe including Canadian and US orders got their MacPros in quick succession. Ours were forgotten. Sitting and gathering dust, despite the earliest order dates, someone may have discovered that these units were late. Sometime today, someone rounded a corner in the vast warehouse, and there they were. Amid complaints, shipping notices started to roll. Yes, I know that my MacPro is coming from Fullerton, CA, but so are many others...

How about that from a scenario totally built on speculation??

Not that I would mind someone from Apple actually reading this and saying "holy moly, we have a problem :mad: -- we gotta fix this!"

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Please Accept My Apology

Mackeyser said:
Don't be a baby. Geez. I've been encoding video to just about every format since 1999 and built the first Mac-based render farm then, so no way you can pull the "you don't know my exclusive domain" stuff. Part of our architecture became coded into the Cleaner (formerly Media Cleaner Pro from Terran Interactive) application. I DO know my stuff. And NOTHING you are doing is "crushing" anything. Try rendering post files that are 2k HD. THEN tell me about "crushing". This is repurposing stuff for iPod and TV. It ain't rocket science or even close unless YOU are doing the coding. All you are doing is clicking some buttons in toast for cryin' out loud. Oooooooo....

It was an honest question. I totally understand the difference in encoders. My suggestion was about a direct path. I asked the question about your workflow because you didn't mention the NTSC output. Details, dude.

Perhaps you should read rather than assume. Clearly I have about 6 YEARS of encoding experience on you.

And from what I see, your workflow is bassackwards.

You wanna be bent that someone says that? Okay, it's on you. I was just trying to conversate...

Some people...waa, waa, waa...
OK I apologize. i just haven't seen anything that accomplishes what I am doing directly. I've tried exporting through QuickTime directly and it looks horrilbe. I've tried other programs - none seem to do a decent job for me. I'm just trying to archive HDTV recordings. Nothing fancy.

jansmith

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2006
Multimedia said:
OK I apologize. i just haven't seen anything that accomplishes what I am doing directly. I've tried exporting through QuickTime directly and it looks horrilbe. I've tried other programs - none seem to do a decent job for me. I'm just trying to archive HDTV recordings. Nothing fancy.

Multimedia -

Good on you for your gentlemanly response.

I can tell from your previous generous participation that you are a valuable resource for all of us who plan to use the MacPro for producing high quality video/still works. I can't wait to get started, and I encourage you to keep up the great work!

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
jansmith said:
So here's what happened (fictional re-construction of events, not to be confused with the actual events):

Our MacPro units were at the front of the processing line on August 7th. They had top priority and were assigned numbers which set the order of processing. With the non-availability of ATI cards, these units were carted to an empty part of the warehouse, and there they sat. In the meantime, the ATI cards became available, and they worked off the new orders that needed the ATI cards. Thus people from Japan to Europe including Canadian and US orders got their MacPros in quick succession. Ours were forgotten. Sitting and gathering dust, despite the earliest order dates, someone may have discovered that these units were late. Sometime today, someone rounded a corner in the vast warehouse, and there they were. Amid complaints, shipping notices started to roll. Yes, I know that my MacPro is coming from Fullerton, CA, but so are many others...

How about that from a scenario totally built on speculation??

Not that I would mind someone from Apple actually reading this and saying "holy moly, we have a problem :mad: -- we gotta fix this!"
Sounds plausible...

Now, where's my "We're sorry for delaying your order. Here's a $200 discount on your next order."?
Hmmm? Yes? I'm waiting.....
:drums fingers annoyingly:

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
relimw said:
Blee, I hate you, well, not you, but Apple shipping yours before mine.
I was mad (at Apple) for the people who ordered as late as September and already got theirs. I'd be very mad at me too if I ordered right after the keynote and was still waiting.

jansmith said:
Sometime today, someone rounded a corner in the vast warehouse, and there they were.
Hehe. I can just imagine the look on his face: :eek: :confused:

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Well mines shipped, just shows the package data as transmitted to FedEx, I'll have to check it later tonight. I'm in Torrance, CA and all the custom MacPros are coming out of Fullerton, CA (about 30, 40 minutes south of me) so I believe I'll have it tomorrow. :D

2.66Ghz
2GB of RAM
500GB HD
X1900
No wireless

Ordred August 19th.

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
Got it!!!

Typing this on my X1900/Bluetooth/Airport Mac Pro! Whoooo!

Ordered on the 7th, and I'm in Vancouver, BC.

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
kered22 said:
Well mines shipped, just shows the package data as transmitted to FedEx, I'll have to check it later tonight. I'm in Torrance, CA and all the custom MacPros are coming out of Fullerton, CA (about 30, 40 minutes south of me) so I believe I'll have it tomorrow. :D

2.66Ghz
2GB of RAM
500GB HD
X1900
No wireless

Ordred August 19th.

WOW! WTF?
I ordered mine Aug 7 and still hasn't shipped. This sucks. :(
I'm in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.. (Also about 30 minutes from Fullerton)

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Transeau said:
WOW! WTF?
I ordered mine Aug 7 and still hasn't shipped. This sucks. :(
I'm in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.. (Also about 30 minutes from Fullerton)
I don't get that either. :( Everyone who ordered WELL before me should have been among the first to get their X1900 systems.

gtaylor

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
My Mac Pro 3.0 is in

just got my MP 3.0 - 4 gig of ram - x1900 - 500 gig hd ( adding 1TB Today) should have some stuff up and running later

mohamadfazli

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
In Malaysia - we don't have apple store. I don't know why in the world apple is not opening up apple store for malaysia. Sigh... therefore all purchases will need to be done via the authorised resellers..

Anyway... i was told by one of the bigger resellers (MacAsia) that the config which i requested will take about 6 weeks for delivery... with 3.0Ghz ... additional RAM and X1900...

:( :(

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
I have a quick question that is sort of on topic. I was getting ready to order my Macpro but then realized that I won't be home to receive it. I stopped by the Apple store to see if they would let me drop ship it there, but they told me "no way." Between school and work, I'm rarely home during the day and Fedex won't tell me what time they deliver, or I would just find a window of time to recieve it. I'm planning to order the Macpro 2.6 and a 23" ACD... I can't bear the thought of my order being left on my doorstep. I do have a buddy that lives across town, but I don't think they will ship to an address that doesn't match my credit card. I wonder if I can pick it up at Fedex (if it all will fit in my car)?

Anyone have any ideas, other than taking the day off to wait for delivery... or having it all shipped to YOUR house? :D

mohamadfazli

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
THX1139 said:
I have a quick question that is sort of on topic. I was getting ready to order my Macpro but then realized that I won't be home to receive it. I stopped by the Apple store to see if they would let me drop ship it there, but they told me "no way." Between school and work, I'm rarely home during the day and Fedex won't tell me what time they deliver, or I would just find a window of time to recieve it. I'm planning to order the Macpro 2.6 and a 23" ACD... I can't bear the thought of my order being left on my doorstep. I do have a buddy that lives across town, but I don't think they will ship to an address that doesn't match my credit card. I wonder if I can pick it up at Fedex (if it all will fit in my car)?

Anyone have any ideas, other than taking the day off to wait for delivery... or having it all shipped to YOUR house? :D

here in malaysia, either fedex or ups.. we are able to reschedule the shipment if not, they would also allow us to pick it up from their office (which usually what i do... since way too eager to get it :D :D )..

am sure you guys could do the same way... no?

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
My Mac Pro Ordered on the 31st of August shipped last night - Woot

Spec

MAC PRO,CTO
3.00 GHz Quad Xeon
1GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-2x512
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB
500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive
16x SuperDrive DL
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Apple Kybd & Wrls Mgty Ms-Z
MAC OS X-INT
Country Kit-B

Looks like it is shipping from their plant in Ireland to the UK

Trekkie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2002
Wake Forest, NC
THX1139 said:

In North Carolina at least FedEx will not leave it on your doorstep as a signature is required. THey'll put a tag on the door. You can then sign the tag waiving the right to sign, or you could run over to the FedEx address on the tag and after a certain time listed pick it up at the FedEx location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.