Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dahni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Hi,

I am selling my PowerMac G4 with 10.3 OS on it, and I wanted to remove my admin password from it. I went to System Preference > Accounts and thought if I just remove the password I entered there, it will work. When I did that first it gave me a warning saying "You did not enter password, sure you wanna do that" I clicked OK, then it gave me "You cannot change your password to the password you entered" And it reverts it back to the way things were. Does anyone know how I can remove my admin password?? If so plleeasee help this poor soul :(

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
why not just do a full restore on the system then the buyer cant recover anything
and that will get rid of the password

Edit: damn 1 second too slow

Milan

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2005
Yeah, boot from your Install CD and launch Disk Utility then erase the disk. If you're really paranoid you can overwrite the entire disk 35 times with random data. ;)

Then make a clean install.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Create a new user and give it admin privileges? Log into the new user and delete the old admin account. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.