Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Ok so i have a really deep and wide split in my bottom lip and it hurts like hell. Is there anything i can do to help it heel or at least numb the pain? or will I have to see a doctor/pharmacist

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
mactastic said:
Like split because your lips are dry, or like from an injury?

If it's just dry lips, lip balm works wonders.
i have a feeling its from dryness but i cant remember most of the weekend

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
it feels a bit deeper than the usual split though it doesnt look like a cut but it is fairly deep
ok so ill try lip balm today

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
I did my lips in on a skiing holiday and would have jumped from the ski lifts were it not for the soothing protection of vaseline!

But that was due to cold/chapping, not a wound...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Body Shops own, now I don't know the name but it's the lip version of their "Body Butter". Very nice.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
just an update for you people, i tried the Vaseline and about 5 mins ago when i sneezed my lip fully split as in blood, more than usual and now it hurts like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DZ/015

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
New England
A couple of Percocets and a glass of bourbon will work wonders for your pain. To heal the split lip, try chapstick.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
I experience split lips (that break and bleed) often in the winter so I know what you are going through. I usually use vasaline as others have suggested. It typically doesn't help during the day, especially if you do a lot of talking like i do, but put a thick layer on at night before you go to bed and by morning the breakage should have healed up a bit ..like a paper cut. Sometimes it could take 3 or 4 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.