Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Hi all, on the graphic below I want the line under professional to 'swoosh' as if its done by hand upon loading the image, I just don't know the best way of animating this, any ideas?

header.gif

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Oo, cheese on the Web! I like cheese! Here's one possibility.

Draw your swoosh with the Illustrator brush tool. For the sake of example, use the stock thick pencil brush. Object>Path>Add Anchor Points a few times.

Duplicate the swoosh for about as many times as you have points. Delete an increasing number of points from the right of each copy, so that you have your sequence. The texture of each line will look a little different as the brush pattern shrinks, that's desired.

Stuff each of your lines into its own layer, and overlay the segments. It's okay if they don't seem to line up perfectly, this will give you a spreading ink effect later on.

Export the mess to a PSD with layers and jump over to Photoshop. Change the layer types from pass through to normal, to appease imageready. For each layer, Layer->Smart Objects->Group into smart object, then finally rasterize all the layers, again all to make ImageReady a little less fussy.

Over in ImageReady, with the rest of your stuff dragged in, make as many frames as you have layers. In the first layer include only the shortest stroke, the first two layers in the second frame, and so on, so that they build up and look a little bleedy.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
if you pm me then i can send you the original in any format you want, but its too big for macrumors

here is the normal small gif

Attachments

• TechnologieRE2.gif
    TechnologieRE2.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 146

SBT

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2006
England
Yeh, looks good. What you do...?, Cut it out and then animate it? I wouldhave used Adobe Photoshop, created a new layer with the line on and then moved it to Imageready and animated it. Is that what you did? (or to those lines):confused:

P.S. Look carefully and the bottom of the "F" in Professional grows longer half way through:p

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
SBT said:
P.S. Look carefully and the bottom of the "F" in Professional grows longer half way through:p

I know, thats because I did about as fast a job as I could, I was just trying to figure out what tektonnic wanted.

I could have used Photoshop, but I thought it would be easier in Motion.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Are there no programmes where I can just imcrease the speed between frames - I know you can do this in imageready, but its already set to 0 seconds (which is not really true as 0 seconds would clearly meanyou'd go straight from the first to the last frame with no way of seeing the in between frames)

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
tektonnic said:
Are there no programmes where I can just imcrease the speed between frames - I know you can do this in imageready, but its already set to 0 seconds (which is not really true as 0 seconds would clearly meanyou'd go straight from the first to the last frame with no way of seeing the in between frames)

yup, in image ready they are set to 0sec which means that the program you view it in plays them as fast as it can. Safari might be too slow in your opinion, so then you need to remove frames to make it feel faster...

here I have deleted every second frame in imageready, therefore it is twice as fast

Attachments

• TechnologieREFaster.gif
    TechnologieREFaster.gif
    51.6 KB · Views: 102
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.