Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazyeyes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Easton PA
Hey guys i have been having a problem lately with my iMac G5. First of all it is the iMac G5 with the iSight 20" 2.1GHz, 1.5GB ram. The other day when i went to use my computer in the morning it was locked up and the clock had read 1:49 AM and it was 8:30 AM so something is causing it to lock up and the only thing i can do to fix it is shut it down by holding the power button for 4 seconds. Well this just happened again this morning on me except the clock was stuck at 11:45 PM and it was 8:45 AM so i am not sure if any of you guys have had a problem simmilar to this or if you can help as to what you think it might be. Thanks

crazyeyes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Easton PA
the only thing i use on my computer at night is front row. i use it to watch a movie or listen to music at night. and yes i repaired permissions just the other day.

crazyeyes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Easton PA
Ok i just verified the disk and it sais volume needs repair how do i repair it?
The repair button is grayed out and won't let me use it.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Boot from the CD that came with your Mac and then try and repair the drive.

crazyeyes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Easton PA
Ok i repaired the drive now i guess it is a wait and see game to see if it happens again. This is a time that i am glad i do a full backup every night of my system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.