Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trogdor!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
I am looking for a motherboard and possibly processor for a MDD g4 powermac. I need the 167mhz version, rev with dual firewire 400 ports. Also, possibly a dual 1.25ghz processor module. I have either a dead processor or motherboard in this machine and I am having trouble finding some used replacement parts. Any help on where to find or anyone have one?

THe problem is that you turn on the computer, no startup up chime, then a few seconds later, the fans kick up to full speed and it just sits there, no video, red light on motherboard, pmu reset doesnt do anything, tried new battery, video card is good. Any help would be appreciated.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Do you have RAM in it?

If so, try resetting it or taking it all out except for one stick...

These machines will not boot, chime, or show any signs of intelligent life with no RAM installed.

trogdor!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
yah, i tried that. It had 2gigs installed (4 - 512's). It does the same thing with RAM in it or not. Also, with only one stick in it and in different slots.

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
i had to replace the mother board on my old machine.(a mdd 1.25 dual) the problem it had was i had open the case and place a fan on it to do some test. but the fan fell on the board frying a chip. anyhow. there was a strange red light that showed up after. i would try opeing the case and starting up. that red light is an indicator on wither it is the board or the processor or somthing else. i believe there are a few lights all over that tells differnet issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.