Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ajmbc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
Louisiana
On my iBook dual usb, you close it, turn it so the latch is facing you (upside down), and it looks like the inner plastic is peeling away and warping from the outer plastic. This is Reaaaaallly bothering me. Can anyone help?

=ajmbc=

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Re: Screen warping?

Originally posted by Ajmbc
On my iBook dual usb, you close it, turn it so the latch is facing you (upside down), and it looks like the inner plastic is peeling away and warping from the outer plastic. This is Reaaaaallly bothering me. Can anyone help?

=ajmbc=

It's not very clear to me if this is an old iBook with the rubber shielding and handle or a new case design. How old is your iBook? Is it under warranty or AppleCare? Do you transport it around a lot in a backpack or other case that doesn't protect it very well?

Dan

Ajmbc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
Louisiana
It is a white one. No, I don't carry it around in a backpack alot. i am just wondering if it is just normal wear and tear of an iBook. I have noticed these iBooks are very fragile, especially around the screen region.
It is not under warranty or Apple care.
=ajmbc=

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.