Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
If I land a powermac g5 2.0 dual, late 05 built w/o bluetooth or airport, is it possible for me to install them myself, that is, will it be possible for me to purchase airport card and bluetooth card from apple (if so how much?) and put it in myself? thanks!

pocketandy

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2006
London UK
Yes try: http://www.applemacparts.co.uk/stor...p?keywords=bluetooth+airport+powermac&x=0&y=0. It's not cheap though. The card is installed in 1.42Ghz iBooks and I pulled one out of one I repaired with a broken screen. then I just had to get the runway card and stand offs which is also available from VIS. Now I'm looking for a guide to install it. I might try and work it out for myself. I might create a guide.

bearbo said:
If I land a powermac g5 2.0 dual, late 05 built w/o bluetooth or airport, is it possible for me to install them myself, that is, will it be possible for me to purchase airport card and bluetooth card from apple (if so how much?) and put it in myself? thanks!

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
bearbo said:

A bluetooth USB dongle won't Set you back much either

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.